Buyer's Beware!

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Buyer's Beware!

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:02 pm

Just recently I placed a bid on a 2005 SP HO on ebay. I was the high bidder. The item ends tomorrow. Just today I received an email from ebay indicating that the seller "cancelled" my bid.

I emailed the loser...I mean... seller and placed a call to him for an explanation for his cancelling my bid. I have yet to hear back from him.
I already posted a comment on ebay about the situation.

IMO this seller "baited" the item to see what he could get for it because he relisted the ATV at the price I was willing to pay for it NOT the price it was at when he decided to cancel my bid.

Oh well...his loss my gain... :)

And the item number is 4579774238
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:34 pm

Did you email him first??

His bid history tells you to email him first, prior to bidding.

Unfortunately, he has no history either. I'd really be skeptical of someone selling his first item, a several thousand dollar item.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

redcat
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby redcat » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:47 pm

Maybe in the long run you're lucky?

My first and only experience with ebay was bad so I've never bought again.

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:55 pm

I'd report him to eBay....

Who BTW will do nothing...... lol
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Oct 11, 2005 6:01 pm

I emailed him and tried calling no response....so ya, this is all a "good" sign that he did what he did in my opinion...and it only proves to me that buying something in person is a better route to go.

I'm only warning others if they bid on his item in the future to beware.....

I did report it to ebay and went on their forum and posted a complaint with item and seller name as well as posting to a few atv websites... :wink:

Fricken scheister's..... :roll:

UPDATE: "Well, well, well.....Newman" As of 15 mins ago ebay has since removed the item! HA!

This is what ebay sent me....

Invalid Item
This listing (4579774238) has been removed by eBay or is no longer available. Please make sure that you've entered the item number correctly.
If the item was removed by eBay, please consider this transaction canceled. If anybody contacts you to complete the sale, please ignore the request. Completing the sale outside of eBay may be unsafe and will not be covered by eBay purchase protection programs.

Items that ended more than 90 days ago are no longer accessible through the eBay system.

Copyright © 1995-2005 eBay Inc. All Rights Reserved. Designated trademarks and brands are the property of their respective owners. Use of this Web site constitutes acceptance of the eBay User Agreement and Privacy Policy.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:20 pm

eBay - Who BTW will do nothing...... lol
I stand corrected..... my apologies.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:03 pm

Here's the ebay link/forum that I filed the complaint with....
http://answercenter.ebay.com/thread.jsp ... =810095283

I like the last comment "Gone with the wind"! LOL

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:01 pm

I posted a whole article on Ebay scammers...how to spot them. They've actually gotten more sophisticated.

You can TOTALLY and successfully purchase ATV's on Ebay...but you gotta be smart about, and not look for a killer deal....be more concerned about the quality of the seller, than the price. Either the price works out....or it doesn't.

I bought 2 ATV's on Ebay. Terry bought his ATV on Ebay. Steve bought his ATV on Ebay.

It can be done....
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:12 pm

I agree....... It just sucks eBay doesn't/won't create a more proactive way of screening for fraud. For example, I was just looking at a quad with a seller having over 800+ items sold over the past two years...... Ya think everythings cool right and this seller has a track record. NOT....

Looking closer.... Not one item sold is over $5.00. No doubt (IMO) those items were sold to other accounts created by the seller and this quad currently for sale is nothing but a fraud. It's sad......
Last edited by Mr. Miyagi on Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:15 pm

One more thing...... I don't mind doing my homework regarding the sale of any product. With that said however, why should I have to spend two to three times that trying to determine whether this may or may not be a fraudulent transaction.....

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:22 pm

The only for sure deal is to buy a NEW quad from a DEALER who makes you a screaming Deal...lol
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:29 pm

The only for sure deal is to buy a NEW quad from a DEALER who makes you a screaming Deal...lol
Sorry dude...... I don't buy ABR quads (already been ridden).....lol.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Oct 11, 2005 10:49 pm

Chadd wrote:The only for sure deal is to buy a NEW quad from a DEALER who makes you a screaming Deal...lol
Ok...who's gonna do the screaming...the buyer or the Dealer??? And will it be a good scream and more importantly....worth it in the end???...no pun intended...... lol