Polaris Efi's

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

redcat
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Polaris Efi's

Postby redcat » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:40 pm

I am thinking about getting a new bike and was wondering how anyone that has a Polaris EFI likes the bike. I am not sure but will probably going with a 500. Are there any problems with these bikes, other than dispacement, power and speed is the 700 a more dependable platform? Thanks for the help guys. :lol:

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:20 pm

One vs two cylinders..... Mo Power.

If you have a choice.... get the twin..... 700 or 800.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:32 pm

No one I know, has had an EFI failure.

It's BOSCH Fuel Injection....Tried, True and Tested.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

rangertom
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby rangertom » Tue Oct 04, 2005 6:21 am

The 700 and 800 are the best things going! I'd recommend them to anyone who can handle the power! I think in the next two years I'll get my wife to step up out of her Magnum 330 into a SP500EFI...she can't handle the power of the 7 or 8...doubt she ever will...
05 Magnum 330 4WD (wife's)
04 Sportsman 700 EFI (mine)
02 TRX90 (daughter's) (for sale to buy my daughter a Sportsman 90)

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:39 am

She can step it up...

My wife isn't that big, but she does work out all the time.

The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:06 am

In most of the rock crawling things that we do, more power will not hurt you. It is just at tiems being able to control the speed, just do not give it as much throttle. the weight difference in the 700 and 800 vs the 500 is really not that much different. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:20 am

EFI's rule.................my wife is 5'3 and 122 lbs and ride's her 700 just fine.

DAVE

rangertom

Postby rangertom » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:02 pm

DAVE wrote:EFI's rule.................my wife is 5'3 and 122 lbs and ride's her 700 just fine.

DAVE
That's just it...she lacks the experience...and hasn't the throttle control yet...she may end up with it after some time...but the Magnum is her first ever ATV.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:45 pm

rangertom wrote:That's just it...she lacks the experience...and hasn't the throttle control yet...she may end up with it after some time...but the Magnum is her first ever ATV.
From a woman's perspective on the issue of lacking experience :wink:
I'd categorize myself as a 'beginner'.....My Kodiak is the first ATV I've owned...I don't have a whole lotta time on it and I certainly need to learn more...all I can say is have time and patience with her and lots of encouraging words...of course don't push the issue if she isn't comfortable with it...but a little time, patience and know how goes a looong way. And it will make the riding experience a whole lot more enjoyable if everyone is having fun! :)

I'm actually thinking of getting a Polaris...I've tried the 700 and I didn't want to get off of it... :mrgreen: So much nicer of a ride than a Kodiak...ya, you feel the power of it...but as long as the throttle isn't pinned it shouldn't be a problem...

Also, size doesn't really matter... :wink: I know a woman back in Ohio that races ATV's....she's no more than 5ft and probably all of 90lbs...I've seen her on heavy duty UTE's to Sport quads and she has no problems..... :D

It's all related to time on the machine and riding in different situations...and gaining confidence... :wink:
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

rangertom

Postby rangertom » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:23 pm

I couldn't agree w/you more, QG! When the monsoons hit this year...she had a blast in the mud...she gained a BUNCH of experience sliddin' slippin' and muddin' around. Her biggest fear is flippin' it over...she's only had it 2 1/2 months...but absolutely loves it...so I'm sure when our youngest gets older...she'll be gettin' a nice b-day or x-mas present...weighin' in at about 6-7 hundred pounds...and have to hand down the magnum to our oldest daughter, who's now 11yrs old.

redcat
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby redcat » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:25 pm

Thanks for all the input, especially the womens perspectives as I am looking for a quad for my wife as well. I am moving from an Arctic Cat 400 only to get efi. We will be using the quads for work around the place, hunting, fishing and camping.

Thanks to all.