New Oly tough camera

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

New Oly tough camera

Postby hemingray » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:49 pm

Olympus has an impressive new "tough" camera coming out - with built-in GPS for storing location info along with the photos.

Very cool concept and a good looking camera. I'm waiting to see what the image quality is like - Oly has not been very good with IQ in the point and shoot and tough camera categories so far until the E-PL2, and I hope this one shows well with better images than the previous bunch of tough cameras.

Check out the announcement here on my favorite photo site: http://www.dpreview.com/news/1103/11030210olytg810.asp
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

EigerMike

Re: New Oly tough camera

Postby EigerMike » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:29 pm

saw it yesterday on there site.looks very nice .im very happy with mine it was purchased just for atving and hasnt let me down! :D mine is the stylus tough 8000
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:37 pm

Yeah, I just gotta get something that I can keep in an outside pocket on rides. My little Canon stays in a camera case and I can't pull it out until the dust clears when I stop. :-) Need something more durable than that for rides!
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Mar 12, 2011 10:27 am

Most of my pictures in the last 3-4 years have been taken with the Tough series.

They are really SLOW in terms of button push to photo....but that's not a super big problem ATV riding and the fact they actually last....more than makes up for it.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/