A Very Sad Day For Us All Chadd Burroughs Passed Away

Go ahead...Let it out.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:28 am

Thanks Larry.

I'll be going....if anyone wants to tag along...let me know.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:07 pm

BURROUGHS, CHADD SHELTON View/Sign Guest Book

CHADD SHELTON

BURROUGHS

Chadd Shelton Burroughs passed away unexpectedly on Feb. 3, 2010. Chadd was born on Feb. 26, 1980 in Yuba City, California and grew up in LaPorte, California.

He moved to Yuba City and went to school there in his junior high years, and then moved to Chico to attend high school. He graduated from Pleasant Valley High School in June of 1997. One of the highlights of his teen years was being a charter member of The LaPorte to Silvertip Club.

Chadd worked as a landing man for the Soper-Wheeler logging company for a couple of years until he went to work for Digital Path, an internet start-up company in Chico. A couple years later his snowmobile mechanic skills landed him a job as service manager with Glende Polaris in Chico. For the last three and a half years he was the working partner in Chester Mountain Sports, a snowmobile and motorcycle shop. Chadd was an ace mechanic and an avid bike and snowmobile rider.

Chadd was an active member of the Sierra Access Coalition. Many spring, summer and fall days would find him working on and maintaining bike trails in the Lassen and Plumas National Forests. The winter would find him snowmobiling wherever there was snow. Last year he was one of the sponsors of the Lake Almanor Grand Prix who organized the cross country race in Chester.

Chadd is survived by his parents, Steve and Jeanne Burroughs of LaPorte, CA; his sister, Raven Burroughs and her son, Stran of Las Vegas; his two grandmothers, Virginia Burroughs of Seal Beach and Margaret Shelton of Yuba City; his two stepbrothers, Sam O'Rourke of Loma Rica and Jesse O'Rourke of Chico. His mother, Kyle Shelton preceded him in death in 2004. His two grandfathers, Howard Shelton and Charles Burroughs also preceded him in death. He is also survived by many aunts, uncles, and cousins of the Shelton family, most of whom reside in Yuba City.

Chadd was like a brother to many and someone that made everyday you spent with him better. He had a heart of gold. Chadd put a smile on your face everytime you saw him or heard his voice. His loss is one that strikes deep into the hearts of friends, sledders and outdoor enthusiasts all across the state and country. His presence, sense of humor, and friendship is one that can never be duplicated or replaced. Our lives are better for having had him in it........we love him and will miss him dearly.

A memorial service for Chadd will be held at 1:00 p.m. Friday, February 12, 2010 at Neighborhood Church, Chico, CA. You may view obituary and send condolences to Chadd's family online at nbcfh.com.
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member

QMaze
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby QMaze » Mon Feb 15, 2010 7:15 am

Oh such a shame, rest in peace my friend. Prayers go out to his family and friends.

Crash Anderson

Postby Crash Anderson » Sun Feb 21, 2010 1:03 pm

I just heard about this!
So sad.
The Anderson's give their condolences

Lacey, Bill, Teri, and Billy
But Seriously

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:57 am

Hey Crash...

Yes...it's very sad.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Crash Anderson

Postby Crash Anderson » Wed Feb 24, 2010 11:26 am

Gonna have a Chadd memorial ride in La Porte?
But Seriously

silvertip

Postby silvertip » Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:00 pm

Ken wrote:Thanks Larry.

I'll be going....if anyone wants to tag along...let me know.
I wish I'd seen this earlier. Would have like to meet up with u. :(

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Feb 25, 2010 4:51 am

Crash Anderson wrote:Gonna have a Chadd memorial ride in La Porte?
No. Since we already have a memorial ride every September for Terry....we're just going to add Chadd into it..at least this year.

Sept 17, 18 and 19.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken's700

Postby Ken's700 » Sun Feb 28, 2010 9:30 pm

I'll Miss Him...

I'm sure he will be on the trail with Terry!
Quads No More :(