Magellan 500LE GPS

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

QMaze
Is tracking a shipment right now

Magellan 500LE GPS

Postby QMaze » Sun Jul 04, 2010 2:39 pm

Have a quick question just to see what ATV'rs think of this unit. I just recently went through a company closure ( i know I'm never going to own an ATV, I have the worst luck) anyway while I'm looking for employment I've been trying to think of ways to make a little extra pocket money.

I have a chance to buy about 6 of these units in their boxes from a retail store that is liquidating their stock ( major retail store here in canada ). Do you think if I was to buy them would it possible to resell them for around $125US plus shipping? Anyone familiar with this unit, any good?

Its the Magellan 500LE ( Special Ed.) they are discontinued now, I would not be making a big profit but its better than interest on my money in the bank. I own a Magellan Explorist XL, which is a beautiful unit but I don't know how popular Magellan is with outdoor enthusiasts.

Thanks

Ken
Site Admin

Re: Magellan 500LE GPS

Postby Ken » Mon Jul 05, 2010 9:41 am

I own an XL as well....It's awesome. In fact, bought another one after I lost the 1st one sitting on Kendo's truck. :(

I know NOTHING about the 500LE....never even heard of it. See what they're selling for on ebay. That should give you a good indication.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

QMaze
Is tracking a shipment right now

Re: Magellan 500LE GPS

Postby QMaze » Mon Jul 05, 2010 1:50 pm

Thanks Ken, a few sellers on eBay in Canada that I've been watching are averaging $129US so maybe they are worth picking up a few. The 500LE is the smaller unit, color screen and comes with bonus items, 32MB ram I believe and what not.

http://www.gpsinformation.org/larry/exp ... 500le.html