PC memory

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

PC memory

Postby Ken » Fri May 06, 2005 12:32 am

Wow...what a difference. I have P4 2.5 GHZ I built about 18 months ago. I was doing the photos last week...and for whatever reason, I decided to watch the photos load....

WHAT A PIG....It would load like 8 photos with 512 MB of memory and then swap file the rest...after 34 pictures...I ran of page file and BOOM.

So I bought some Crucial Memory and just popped in another Gig...so I have 1.5 GB of Ram.

MUCHO RAPIDO! All the crap loaded at boot up...It stopped at 434 MEG just loading normal crap. So even loading up...Windows before, tried to load about 250megs...leaving 1/2 for programs. So before..I was already 200 megs or so in the hole in the swap file.

So I tried loading photos again....Firefox sucked in 43 , 2 meg photos without blinking. and had more ram to go.

I shoulda done it along time ago. For the newbies...Crucial has a great site...just plug in your Motherboard model...and it gives a list of memory that will work....pretty brainless.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/