No Helmet = house arrest!?

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

Kodiak
Is Totally Obsessed

No Helmet = house arrest!?

Postby Kodiak » Sat Apr 03, 2010 12:25 pm

wow so i just heard about a guy who was caught with out a helmet riding an atv on a beach.
the cops put him under house arrest for this offense.

while i think its rather dumb to ride an atv without a helmet, in no way should you lose your freedom for the offense. Who does this government think it is?

when was it decided that i need someone to keep me safe?

if i am the only person who gets hurt by my actions than who are you to tell me what to do.
i guess this is similar to the seatbelt law.
oh and just in case your wondering no it wasn't me that was riding on the beach i ride on rocks and i wear a helmet cause although i may be hardheaded the rocks are still a bit harder.

*deep breath*
ok i'm done.
Angelo

My Business mention ATV Obsession and i will hook you up.
http://www.mygemologist.com
K0HMR
My ATV!!
2006 Kodiak 450
warn 2500 winch, heated hand grips, and full custom skid plates with wrap around steel fender guards :) and 25" Bighorn tires

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:51 pm

Does that mean he could ride in the house without a helmet?
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:05 am

That's INSANE...

Ticket...end of story. Hate people not riding with a helmet....make it really $$$$$$. Arrest? CRAZY.

That said.....there's always two sides...maybe the person was REALLY belligerent....abusive....who knows. Just saying....People with say one thing, but really did another. Let's HOPE there was more to it than just a helmet.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:31 am

at pismo there was a guy that was doing donuts right next to his camp had no helment and got arrested i am sure what the story is not telling you is the behavoir torwards the cop during the lecture he was getting.

all i have to say for no helment ridding is (stupid hurts!!)
06 Polaris sportsman EFI 500 H.O.
25inch maxxis big horns.

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:00 pm

Last time i was in baja i was riding a guys ktm (i hadent been on a dirt bike for 7 years) and got a good reminder when i went face first into a boulder on a spill i took. All ways wear a helmet. I also agree there must be more to this story, house arrest seems very steep for this "crime". If people want to ride with out helmets let um its called darwinism, and even if they dont die on there first miss hap i bet they learn a lesson. Also having delt with and growen up with forest service rangers / blm agents / cops it all comes down to the attitude test (usually).
09 can-am renegade