My New Politically Incorrect Toy

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

GrizzlyGuy
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Wed Nov 04, 2009 7:27 pm

Wow Vulcan, sounds like you have quite the setup. What kind of Lee dies do you have? They describe several different kinds of sets:

===============
The Pacesetter Rifle Die Set, which includes a full length steel sizing die (requires case lubrication), bullet seating die, factory crimp die, shell holder, powder dipper and load data retails for $34.98. This set is recommended for assembling ammuntion for hunting purposes as the finished rounds chamber easily and can withstand rough handling of the firearm action.

The Pacesetter Limited Production 3-Die Set includes the same dies and extras above, but because of production qualities are lower the price is slightly higher, this set retails at $37.98.

The Limited Production 2-Die Sets consist of two dies: the full length steel sizing die (requires case lubrication) and the bullet seating die as well as the shell holder, powder dipper and load data. This set retails at $37.98.

The Collet 2-Die Set includes the Collet neck sizing die (requires no case lubrication), dead length bullet seating die, shell holder, powder dipper and load data, retails at $37.98. This set is designed for assembling the most accurate ammuntion but is not recommended for hunting rounds as the case is neck sized only and the bullet is not crimped in case.

The Deluxe Rifle 3-Die Set includes both a full length steel sizing die (requires case lubrication) and collet neck sizing die (requires no case lubrication), dead length bullet seating die, shell holder, powder dipper and load data, retails for $42.98. This is essentially a Collet Die Set with the addition of the steel full length sizing die so that one can prepare newly acquired cases for the first firing in the rifle.

The RGB (Really Great Buy) Rifle Die Set comes as a standard two die rifle set that contains a full length sizing die (requires case lubrication and a crimper / seater die. This set is designed to meet a tight budget and contains only the two dies. This set retails at $20.98.

Carbide Pistol 3-Die Sets contain the carbide sizer (require no lubrication), the powder through expanding die, the seater / crimping die, a shell holder, powder dipper and load data. The bullet seating/crimping die applies a modified taper crimp negating the need for a separate taper crimp die. The set retails for $39.98.

The Lee Deluxe Pistol 4-Die Set includes our popular Carbide Pistol 3-Die set (explained above) plus the addition of our Lee Carbide Factory Crimp Die. This additional die has a carbide ring that post sizes your case ensuring that your loaded case will fit into the chamber of your gun. Additionally, the degree of crimp is determined by the finger adjustable crimp knob on top of the die. This die is meant to work in conjunction with your bullet seating die as it has no provision for seating the bullet itself. This set includes the shellholder, powder dipper and load data as well. The Deluxe Pistol Die Set comes packaged in our new four die flat box and retails for $55.98.
===============
TV For Thrill Seekers: http://AdventureWorld.TV
More Videos: http://GrizzlyGuy.TV
Some More Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATVGrizzlyGuy
Photos: http://www.GrizzlyGuy.com/ATVs
My quad: Grizzly 700, 25" Bighorns, Bash Plates,
Warn 2500 Winch

Vulcan
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Vulcan » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:45 pm

"The Deluxe Rifle 3-Die Set includes both a full length steel sizing die (requires case lubrication) and collet neck sizing die (requires no case lubrication), dead length bullet seating die, shell holder, powder dipper and load data, retails for $42.98. This is essentially a Collet Die Set with the addition of the steel full length sizing die so that one can prepare newly acquired cases for the first firing in the rifle."

That is the set I have and just love it. You can take brass from other rifles and resize it so it will load in other rifles like factory loads sweet dies. All rifles chamber are not quit the same and after discharging the round the brass stretches to the size of the rifle chamber some die will not compress the brass to the correct size but with the Lee dies they are all resized 100% inside and out even the neck so all the rounds are made to be used in other rifles.
I also have the carbide die for pistol loads and found they work great. I am using Montana Gold bullets and Titegroup powder also the CCI primes when I can get them or Winchester they both work well. I have also tried the berry’s bullets and found out they are plated bullets and not metal jackets like the MG ones. I also like the lead molds for making bullets Lyman makes some awesome molds the Lee bullet molds are ok nothing special. The wife has shot so many 9mm rounds now she needs to buy a new barrel for her sig LOL just waiting for the 40 cal and 45 acp to need barrels.

Dillon makes a sweet reloader the 1050 and the best Lee loader is the cast iron one slow but works great even on the 50 BMG loads. If you are going to reload a ton of bullets the Dillon is the way to go, but if you only reload a few hundred ( EACH MONTH ) I would save the money and buy a Lee. I have been going to the gun shows here and selling ammo and also have the web site and it is starting to pick up so the Dillon is the way to go. You can make about 1500 rounds per hour and they also make a electric motor to speed things up to around 2200 rounds per hour :) you could be Winchester Jr. LMAO