BMW is makeing diesel cars

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

BMW is makeing diesel cars

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Feb 03, 2009 9:54 pm

Interesting. . . I am a huge fan of the diesel . . whether is be a truck or smaller car. . .better gas mileage, more power. . . looks like BMW is oneo f hte first to really do it in America. . . Subaru is supposed to be coming out with the boxer Diesel engine in 2009, already in Europe. . . VW is coming back to America also with the VW Rabbit TDI. . . I cannot wait. . .

http://www.bmwdieselcars.com/
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

tinhunter
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby tinhunter » Thu Feb 05, 2009 12:15 pm

The Volkswagen TDI and the Mercedes Blue Tec is already available here in the U.S., but it will be nice to see more diesel vehicles here. Honda is also supposed to be bringing a 50 state legal diesel here as well.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:10 am

Sweet.

My buddy Joe had a BMW wagon that was diesel.....regularly would go 140MPH on the autobahn (he lives in Bonn)

I think it's taken YEARS for people to get over their impression that diesel cars are gutless....those old MB diesels had no turbo and were Slooooow. But you know what....I worked with a guy who had one, with over 400,000 miles. Amazing.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

tinhunter
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby tinhunter » Fri Feb 06, 2009 1:04 pm

Diesels are the way to go. Cheaper to upgrade power, get more power than gas, longer life span, longer distance on a gallon fuel. We looked at the VW TDI, they are pretty nice, and if we were in the market for a new car we would probably get one.