Career Choice?

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Career Choice?

Postby Ken » Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:31 pm

I read this today on Pirate...made me laugh. Someone asked about careers, and preferred working outside with his hands.

Do Corporate Finance. If you use Excel and SAP for more than 6 hours a day over any extended duration, you will find yourself getting erections at the mere sight of spreadsheets. At that point you realize you've hit rock-bottom.

After quietly sobbing in the corner of your cubicle lamenting your choice of careers, you will look back at your college career and wonder why you didn't go into Liberal Studies like all the girls you know. After realizing that you made more money in high school than all the pre-nursing, philosophy and LS majors who all bragged about their GPA to you in college do after their graduation. You then trek past the gym in your air-conditioned office building to your free cafeteria to drink expensive ass coffee on the company's dime.

You then remember you're on salary and no one really watches what you are doing at work anyway, so you go on Pirate and firmly have your fingers planted between the "ALT" and "TAB" keys so you look like you're working in case someone who outranks you walks by.

After hearing that, are you still sure you want to work with your hands in the field?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/