Air up!

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Air up!

Postby hemingray » Fri Sep 07, 2007 7:35 pm

Alright you blowhards, you better keep those tires inflated! CARB may soon extend their reach to the air inside your tires.

-------------------------------------------

SACRAMENTO (AP) -- Mandatory tire inflation when getting a tune up, smog check or oil change is among six new early action measures that California air regulators are considering to help the state meet its global warming goals.

According to the proposal, that one simple step could prevent an estimated 200,000 metric tons of greenhouse gases a year from going into the air.

Air Resources Board chairwoman Mary Nichols plans to unveil the new regulations Friday at a conference of the Society of Environmental Journalists in Palo Alto. The rules would help California reduce greenhouse gases by an estimated 25 percent by the year 2020.

The board plans to hold public workshops this month on the six early action measures and another five proposals that could also be
implemented later.

-------------------------------------

The "Society of Environmental Journalists"?? Sheesh!

And I love the concept of "mandatory tire inflation" - around the block, and adjust to suit.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:55 pm

hey....I'll wipe only using 1 square, as per Sheryl Crow and then check the air in my tires.

How the hell are they going to manage that.....ignition killers, when your air pressure gets below X pounds.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:42 am

Sounds like it'll be a requirement for shops more than anything. Most places do that anyway, now the govenrment and greenies feel they need to make it a punishable offense if they don't do it.

Sure, why not, let's add a few more stupid laws to the books, then we can add another agency, pay them stupid amounts of money and then raise taxes because we've pulled money from somewhere else to fund it.

I don't know about you, but I feel so much better letting the government tell me exactly what I should be doing, AND helping me do it. I'm just not smart enough. I'm surprised I've made it this far. :roll:
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Sat Sep 08, 2007 10:32 am

One of my favorites was my water heater when I lived in Milpitas. It had, as was required, an approval sticker from the BAAQMD (Bay Area Air Quality Management District). And just like that added to the cost of things to have them have to approve it, I imagine that our required smog check cost is going to go up because the test stations aren't going to air up your tires for free!

More and more and more.....

oldtrucks

Postby oldtrucks » Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:25 pm

Kendo wrote:I don't know about you, but I feel so much better letting the government tell me exactly what I should be doing, AND helping me do it. I'm just not smart enough. I'm surprised I've made it this far. :roll:
It scares me to think how difficult things would be without the government helping me through life
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Sun Sep 09, 2007 9:13 am

"200,000 metric tons of greenhouse gases "
Why are these metric? Are the gases going overseas or something?
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI