JACK!!! YOU HAVE A SOUL MATE!!!

Just be nice.

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

JACK!!! YOU HAVE A SOUL MATE!!!

Postby Ken » Thu Aug 05, 2004 10:33 pm

LYNCHBURG, Va. - A 73-year-old man cheated death for the fourth time Thursday when he survived a collision between his pickup truck and a coal train.

Thurman Foster, a former railroad worker, sustained broken bones and cuts to his hands and elbows when the train struck his 1997 Dodge Dakota as he tried to cross the tracks.

In his lifetime, Foster also has survived falling four stories from a building, getting hit by a truck and falling off railroad cars.

"The good Lord is looking after me," Foster said.

Foster said he is always conscious of trains passing through but did not see the empty, 149-car CSX train until it was too late. He tried to back up but was unsuccessful.

"I worked for C&O (CSX's former name) for 42 years. I've seen a lot of accidents. I never thought I'd get hit," he said.

He said the train did not sound its horn until it was about 80 feet from his truck.

"It hit me on the passenger side. The glass is what cut meup," he said. "I was just lucky."

Paramedics took Foster to Lynchburg General Hospital, where he was treated for broken ribs and broken bones in his back. He said his truck was demolished.

Ok...impressive....but has he SHUT A CAR DOOR ON HIS EYE? Pussy!
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:04 am

OMG....

Did Jack ever tell you the story about the mounted deer head???

Jack..... We need your input.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

jack whelen
ATV Obsession Rider

deerhead

Postby jack whelen » Sun Aug 22, 2004 3:20 pm

A little late on the subject . When i was 4 my brother threw my blanket on top of my dads mounted 4 pointer deer head which was hanging about 7 feet on the fireplace. when i went to tug on it the head came down . The horn went threw my right ear and ripped the bottom part of my ear off.Went to the docter and sewed it up .
Montana Jack
[i]"If it ain't broke don't try to fix it."[/i]

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sun Aug 22, 2004 7:46 pm

Jack, you must have been a CAT in another life... Mr. Fricken 9 lives....

lol.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.