Kenda Executioners....Good or bad?

Meat talk....Wheel talk.

Moderator: hemingray

Rider11x
Is tracking a shipment right now

Kenda Executioners....Good or bad?

Postby Rider11x » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:06 am

I was browsing around a local dealer and saw a set of these in 25" size, and they look really good, especially the rim guard was really heavy duty looking. They have sort of an ag style tread with indentations on top for extra traction.

Anyone have them? Where do they do best and worst? How do they ride? Are they a stiff tire? Do they last?

Thanks! 8)
Last edited by Rider11x on Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Grizzly 660 Realtree Hardwoods Camo

www.grizzlyinfo.com

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:07 am

I have no experience with Kenda....and haven't read anything about them either on any of the sites I visit.

I would look straight at the facts....how many plies...etc.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Rider11x

Postby Rider11x » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:12 pm

Here is a link to them....

http://www.kendausa.com/atv/utility.html

www.grizzlyinfo.com

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:36 am

Those tires look decently meaty compared to the tires that ken rides with. I was trying to get a view of what there rim savers they had look like, but cannot seem to tell.

They look to be going for about 115-120 a tire, which seems to be for just the tires, not for a set of rims as well, but I could be wrong on that one . . .

I also noticed that the 25 and 26" tires have the same tread depth is 1.08, while the 27s had 1.18, but that is a whole lot of tire to go to (the 27"s).

One thing that I noticed with the Mud lites that I used to have is that little groove they had in the lugs, similar to what these have, filled with mud and crap, so they really did no good for the tire, plus as old trucks pointed out, they seem to wear down a lot faster, but these grooves they have are a little smaller so maybe it will not make a difference in this situation.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jul 18, 2006 9:02 am

Yeah..on the mudlites....I call them cups, on the tread. They wear out fast. Great idea..virtually useless.

Those executioners look "mean"...but I think the 589's have more tread than 1" or 1.18".

OG Larry has the Bear "Paws"....I give him grief for them...but I think they have super hard rubber that wears well...but doesn't have they same grip as the ITP. Just my observation.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Rider11x

Postby Rider11x » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:48 am

MrPolaris wrote:Those tires look decently meaty compared to the tires that ken rides with. I was trying to get a view of what there rim savers they had look like, but cannot seem to tell.

They look to be going for about 115-120 a tire, which seems to be for just the tires, not for a set of rims as well, but I could be wrong on that one . . .

I also noticed that the 25 and 26" tires have the same tread depth is 1.08, while the 27s had 1.18, but that is a whole lot of tire to go to (the 27"s).

One thing that I noticed with the Mud lites that I used to have is that little groove they had in the lugs, similar to what these have, filled with mud and crap, so they really did no good for the tire, plus as old trucks pointed out, they seem to wear down a lot faster, but these grooves they have are a little smaller so maybe it will not make a difference in this situation.
The rim guard is what drew me to these tires, as it extends about a 1/4 inch past the outside of the rim!!! Great design! And price wise, Rocky Mtn. sells these between $48 and $75 a tire depending on size! Looks like a winner in many ways....

www.grizzlyinfo.com

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:54 am

We've sold a few sets.. IMO there VERY heavy hard as hell and ride rough.. they work good in the mud though... and last a very long time
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jul 18, 2006 2:20 pm

Rider11x wrote: The rim guard is what drew me to these tires, as it extends about a 1/4 inch past the outside of the rim!!! Great design! And price wise, Rocky Mtn. sells these between $48 and $75 a tire depending on size! Looks like a winner in many ways....
is that for the tire or for the tire and rim? I was not able to see how this rim guard was set up. do you have any pictures that show how this sytem might work?
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:18 pm

On Rock Crawler tires (before they went to bead lockers), it's usually a rubber lip, over the rim. That's probably what they did.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Rider11x

Postby Rider11x » Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:14 pm

MrPolaris wrote:
is that for the tire or for the tire and rim? I was not able to see how this rim guard was set up. do you have any pictures that show how this sytem might work?
The rim guard does two things

1 Keeps debris from getting stuck between the tire and rim, potentially causing air loss.

2 Keeps the rim flush or in some cases recessed slightly into the tire's sidewall to sheild it from taking a hard hit and bending or breaking the wheel.

Basically a design that is well suited for severe useage. :wink:

www.grizzlyinfo.com

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jul 19, 2006 12:05 am

I think for mud/dirt/snow...they'll be great. I've seen their tires on rocks...and the long wear, equates to less grip.

It's like NASCAR...can't have everything.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

wellzy
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby wellzy » Fri Jan 30, 2009 2:23 pm

i have these kenda tyres fitted to my quad and they are excellent!! slippy grass, mud, paved surface, gravel, rocks anything!! the only problem i have had with them is i have a screw in one of the rear ones ( the ones that have only done less then 30 mile!!GRRRR) but they are 6 ply and are very good over any terrain, but they need to be fitted to a heavy bike to work properly.
SPORTSMAN 850

Wildhorse800
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby Wildhorse800 » Tue May 05, 2009 8:16 am

I know this is an older topic, but I have Kendas on my Kodiak. They are a very rough riding tire. Puncture resistance is great, but ride is sacrificed. On an IRS quad, you may be OK, but straight axle...no way.

Just my opinion...
2008 Polaris SP800 HO
1999 Polaris SP500
2008 Suzuki M-50
1988 Honda VLX 600

I've been told I joke around too much.
So one day I tried being serious.
Everybody laughed!

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue May 05, 2009 1:37 pm

Not surprised.

If you went trail riding....better get one of those ass doughnuts for more cushion...LOL

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

wellzy
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby wellzy » Fri May 08, 2009 3:42 am

on hard ground like tarmac or concrete even with irs you do feel the bumps because they need to be kept at high pressures to stop them shreading but at high speed just like any other tyre.
SPORTSMAN 850