Opinons on the Grizzly 660

Grizzlies and Wolverines...living together in harmony.

Moderator: hemingray

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Opinons on the Grizzly 660

Postby ACLakey » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:04 pm

As of right now I am very undecided on my next atv to be purchased summer 06. I sat on a Grizzly 660 the other day and it felt great. I have not ridden one as of yet. Anybody have any experience with one, or have any comparisons. Thanks

Andrew

regor54
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby regor54 » Wed Dec 21, 2005 2:42 pm

A couple of my riding partners own grizzlies. I can report no problems with them. They go every where i go on my king quad. For the money i would go with the king quad. We swap bikes on out rides, and they both said the king quad is faster, and handles alot easier. I also like the lower center of gravity, due to the placement of the fuel tank. You might also want ot look at the new 650 Bomb.

ACLakey

Postby ACLakey » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:02 pm

Thanks for the reply. I have a buddy that rides a KQ and it is a great quad( I almost bought it from him). I am very interested in the new cat with the KQ motor and tranny, for me that would be a great setup. I would concider the bomb except I don't care for the wat the visolock front dif engages. I have seen one in action and it takes about 2 revolutions for it to fully lock in. In the rocks and technical areas that is just not good enough for me. I am also looking at the polaris line as they are built tough. Honda,,,,well that is out of the question.

Andrew

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:12 pm

Scoop on the Polaris..... I've rolled my SP700 5 maybe 6 times.... now remember it's carburated and outside of some scratches, you'd never know it was ever rolled and it continues to run like it's new. I've also rode down winch hill #1 in reverse wthout incident talk about a quad taking some punishment....lol.

Also, I've had the unlucky experience (lol) of rolling my SP800 on or around 40+ mph. Outside of having to reallign the throttle assembly and (I think) a nice gash in the front storage box it performed flawlessly.

Unlike my body which is still recovering..... :) :wink:

I say..... Spend the Money. lol....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

ACLakey

Postby ACLakey » Wed Dec 21, 2005 3:57 pm

Do you still have the 02 700? If so do you want to part with it?

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Dec 21, 2005 4:28 pm

Do you still have the 02 700? If so do you want to part with it?
My plan for the most part is have a backup quad (one for rocks) and also in the event I ever want to drag someone along with me on a ride......

My 700's been a great ride.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby oldtrucks » Thu Dec 22, 2005 7:47 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:..... I've rolled my SP700 5 maybe 6 times....

I say..... Spend the Money. lol....
Quad Boss makes a Roll Bar.....I say...spend the $$$$

http://www.quadboss.com/qbweb.nsf/Produ ... endocument
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:05 am

Quad Boss makes a Roll Bar
RUDE....... lol.

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby oldtrucks » Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:17 am

Mr. Miyagi wrote:RUDE....... lol.
I just won't to see you get hurt....I hear you're old your bones are soft and you really don't bounce like you used to :)
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

Rider11x
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Rider11x » Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:37 pm

I just got mine about three months ago, and love it!! The KQ is really nice too, but I am just more comfortable with the old school carb as I only see a maximum of 1000-1500 ft of elevation change anyway.
The grizz can feel a bit tippy at first, but they claim 1" wheel spacers drastially change that. I will be trying a set soon. I have noticed that it is much more stable than it feels though, and the power is plentiful. I ride 2 up alot, and never run out of power The Yamaha CTV system is what sold me on the grizz, as it mantains constant belt tension keeping it from smoking a belt. I like that alot, being that was a fear of mine in a belt drive. I'm not sure how founded that is, but why I made the choice.

I must say, I was never a Polaris fan, but after seeing the video's on this site, I am impressed with them! Choose what best suits YOU, and have fun and be safe! :wink:
2006 Grizzly 660 Realtree Hardwoods Camo

www.grizzlyinfo.com