2007 Grizzly review!!!!!

Grizzlies and Wolverines...living together in harmony.

Moderator: hemingray

Rider11x
Is tracking a shipment right now

2007 Grizzly review!!!!!

Postby Rider11x » Mon Jun 26, 2006 2:27 am

I think Yamaha may gain some followers with this one!!!!

http://atvscene.com/machines/yamaha/grizzly-07.html#
Last edited by Rider11x on Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Grizzly 660 Realtree Hardwoods Camo

www.grizzlyinfo.com

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Mon Jun 26, 2006 6:02 am

That EPS power steering unit seems cool. Lets see how it will hold up.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:30 am

I moved this into the Yamaha area...

Interesting....I'm curious about the power it has, in a tight rock situation. Of course...have a Willys...when you add power...you increase the chance of damage to tie rods, tie ends and blowing the unit itself.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby ACLakey » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:08 am

Interesting. I would like to have seen a v-twin and efi though. From the sounds of it Polaris has some compitition for the most comfortable seat catigory.

Andrew

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Mon Jun 26, 2006 11:43 am

Junfan wrote: Polaris has some compitition for the most comfortable seat catigory.

Andrew
Yea we will see. The 04 and older polaris are the softest seat I've ever sat on.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Pilk
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Pilk » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:44 am

that thing "sounds"great......but I just dont have any faith in the Yamy atvs.......every time I go riding, there are 2 of my buddys that have them, and I end up working on them EVERY ride.....someone needs to slap the yamy engineers that thought up the airbox on a KodiYAK.....

Pilk

Rider11x

Postby Rider11x » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:44 am

Junfan wrote:Interesting. I would like to have seen a v-twin and efi though. From the sounds of it Polaris has some compitition for the most comfortable seat catigory.

Andrew
Yamaha is said not to be going for the Biggest title, just the best sum of the total package. Yamaha seems to be almost going the route that Honda went years ago by playing the field safe but not wrenching maximum displacement out of a machine and sacrificing reliability in the process. The 700EFI is a totally new motor, updated tranny, chassis, component relocation, brakes, etc.
If you want the fastest Ute, buy a Can Am 800.....But manual lockers do offer benifits too. :wink:

www.grizzlyinfo.com

hostdave
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby hostdave » Tue Jul 11, 2006 11:12 pm

Pilk wrote:that thing "sounds"great......but I just dont have any faith in the Yamy atvs.......every time I go riding, there are 2 of my buddys that have them, and I end up working on them EVERY ride.....someone needs to slap the yamy engineers that thought up the airbox on a KodiYAK.....

Pilk
I have 2 buddies that ride Grizz's and each has nearly 2k miles and no problems or breakdowns. I have also owned a 98 Big Bear* and 03 Kodiak 450 and currently have an 05 kodiak 450 (wifes ride) with no problems. I say you can put faith in them. Of course regular maintenance and cleaning them well is part of reliability.

*I did replace a bad rear diff on this machine. Pi$$ poor maint by the guy I bought it from was the cause.
04.5 Sportsman 700 EFI, Custom Nerf Bars, 3 Light Kit, Front Spring Spacers, 2500 Warn Winch, Rack Extensions, Front & Rear Bumpers
05 Kodiak 450, Warn 2500 Winch, Rear Bumper
98 Dodge Cummins 12 Valve 1 Ton Dually Powered Up
Beautiful & Sexy Wife

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jul 12, 2006 11:46 am

Maintenance....Best thing you can do for any machine...
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

oldtrucks

Postby oldtrucks » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:30 pm

hostdave wrote:I have 2 buddies that ride Grizz's and each has nearly 2k miles and no problems or breakdowns. I have also owned a 98 Big Bear* and 03 Kodiak 450 and currently have an 05 kodiak 450 (wifes ride) with no problems. .
A friend has an 04 Kodiak 450 and he's never had a problem, actually a great size quad. I just brought home an 05 Kodiak 450 today for my wife and oldest daughter. Only missing EFI
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby ACLakey » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:12 am

Interesting. Yamaha's from my experience are VERY reliable. As Ken stated, Maintenance....Best thing you can do for any machine...

I will reserve my judjment on the 700EFI until I have some seat time. My buddy has a KQ with a clutch kit, fuel controler and pipe....WOW. If the Grizz doesn't impress me i will be getting a KQ.

Rider11x

Postby Rider11x » Wed Aug 02, 2006 11:02 am

Well over 50% of the machines in this area are Yamahas. That must say something about how good they hold up. I USED to be a Honda guy. But they have not been inpressing me in the last 3 years or so. So I went with Yamaha too. :shock:

www.grizzlyinfo.com

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:03 am

Rider11x wrote:Well over 50% of the machines in this area are Yamahas. That must say something about how good they hold up. I USED to be a Honda guy. But they have not been inpressing me in the last 3 years or so. So I went with Yamaha too. :shock:
Funny how Quads are regional.....I RARELY see any Yamahas...and the dealer here hardly sells 'em.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Rider11x

Postby Rider11x » Mon Jan 01, 2007 9:37 pm

I'd really like to see one of your group get on a Grizzly 700 for a few rides. A friend of mine just got a camo one(Nicest camo patterns in the industry IMO) and it is much improved over the 660! I got a bit of seat time on it, and it is sweet! Power comes on quick, but very controllable..I was on the bike for 2 minutes and felt comfortable riding a wheelie across the parking lot!...The salesman was like :shock: . He told me it would do it, I had to see! :lol: ..And the power steering is nicer than expected. I had no feedback through the bars, and in situations like turning on pavement where steering is tough, the 700 turns as easy as if you were on snow. The center of gravity is tons better to with the fuel tank down low under the seat. Off chambers are alot less scary on this one.
My 660 is still in the garage, but a 700 may join it in the future.

Not bashing any brands here, but the Yamaha CVT tranny is great for the rock crawling riding that most of you do, as there is constant belt tension at all times on a Yamaha. No more burnt belts and such. :wink:

www.grizzlyinfo.com

jason.benjamin
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby jason.benjamin » Wed Jul 25, 2007 1:48 am

I had a chance to drive a New Grizz 700 on a trip.

For reference I have a 07' Polaris Sportsman 800LE.

The power stearing is very nice but can give you the false sense of control alowing you to drive well past your limits.
The ride is definetly not as plush as a POPO but it has a nice sport feel to it's suspension.
My only complant in stock forum is it need better rubber and the fender flairs.
If I was to buy another quad for the garage this would be a nice addition.
But would be a hard debate between riding styles if I had to have only one.
Jason R Benjamin
Milwaukee, WI

http://www.caledonia4wheelers.org/

Mine: '07 Sportsman 800 Stealth
Her's: 06 Sportsman 500