noise from motor 07 sportsman

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

fenger89
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

noise from motor 07 sportsman

Postby fenger89 » Sun Sep 02, 2012 1:29 pm

my 07 sportsman 800 on the right side of motor the a rattling noise coming after i ride for 5 minutes the power is same jus the rattleing noise. ive seen reviews saying different people have had this an never worried about it and also seen people say it was rod bearings also i heard could be exhaust vibrating on the fram ..... anyone had this problem? if so how measy is it to replace the rod bearings? and wats $$$ to do so

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: noise from motor 07 sportsman

Postby ATV'er » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:27 pm

I've had my shift lever make noise before. I've also have hear the magneto make a clicking noise too. The best way to trouble shoot that is pull some of the plastic off the side. Then get a small rubber hose. Then start your atv then give it some bumps in the trottle and see you you can get that noice to happen. You can put the rubber hose to your ear then put the other end near where the noice is coming from to pin point where it is coming from.
KI6MLH

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Tue Sep 04, 2012 8:17 am

I had my rubber stopper thingie that bolts to the frame and keeps the exhaust from rattling wear out too. It becomes a metal on metal situation and drives you insane. Look on the passenger side, right after the exhaust makes it's bend to go to the rear of the bike. You'll see a screw with a nut on the end, and the rubber "stopper" on the top of that. If it's gone, it'll just be a flat metal disc that makes contact with the exhaust. I don't remember how much it was at Polaris, but it wasn't that bad. Better than listening to that incessant rattling.
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Sep 04, 2012 2:13 pm

Kendo wrote:I had my rubber stopper thingie that bolts to the frame and keeps the exhaust from rattling wear out too. It becomes a metal on metal situation and drives you insane. Look on the passenger side, right after the exhaust makes it's bend to go to the rear of the bike. You'll see a screw with a nut on the end, and the rubber "stopper" on the top of that. If it's gone, it'll just be a flat metal disc that makes contact with the exhaust. I don't remember how much it was at Polaris, but it wasn't that bad. Better than listening to that incessant rattling.
That is SO TRUE! That is an annoying noise.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:53 pm

I have had my "rubber stopper thingie " wear the rubber off three times. Its most likely that.
KI6MLH