K&N Air Filter

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Ghost Rider
Just opened an account at Cabelas

K&N Air Filter

Postby Ghost Rider » Tue Nov 16, 2010 9:35 pm

I just ordered a K&N air filter for my 2011 550 eps, im not expecting to notice any power gains, but every little bit helps.
2011 Sportsman 550 EPS

Front/Rear Rack Extensions, Rear Lock And Ride Box With Back Rest, Fender Extensions, Heated Grips, Winch, HID Lights, Low Lock And Ride Windshield.

Ken
Site Admin

Re: K&N Air Filter

Postby Ken » Wed Nov 17, 2010 11:49 am

Ghost Rider wrote:I just ordered a K&N air filter for my 2011 550 eps, im not expecting to notice any power gains, but every little bit helps.
Watch the KN LIKE A HAWK!! The EFI tends to suck harder, and pull dirt and oil through the KN and clog the sensor. I switched to UNI and it still does it...but WAY less.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Ghost Rider

Postby Ghost Rider » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:15 pm

Ken wrote:
Ghost Rider wrote:I just ordered a K&N air filter for my 2011 550 eps, im not expecting to notice any power gains, but every little bit helps.
Watch the KN LIKE A HAWK!! The EFI tends to suck harder, and pull dirt and oil through the KN and clog the sensor. I switched to UNI and it still does it...but WAY less.
Ken

This is my first EFI ATV, what sensor gets clogged ?. Is the sensor something that can be removed and cleaned if needed ?.
2011 Sportsman 550 EPS

Front/Rear Rack Extensions, Rear Lock And Ride Box With Back Rest, Fender Extensions, Heated Grips, Winch, HID Lights, Low Lock And Ride Windshield.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Nov 18, 2010 11:45 am

Not sure where it is on an XP....

but on the regular sportsman...it's just past the airbox. And it can be cleaned.....carb cleaner and q-tips.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

cwlongshot
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby cwlongshot » Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:23 am

I bought the UNI for just this reason.
I haven't got it on yet... gains will be small as I have read that the puter needs to be remapped for any additions like this or exhaust before any gains are actually realized.

CW

Ghost Rider

Postby Ghost Rider » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:03 pm

I did get the K&N air filter, and i put the prefilter cover from the stock filter on the K&N filter and installed it. Im not expecting any gains, but every little bit helps.
2011 Sportsman 550 EPS