Polaris Matainence

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Pepe
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Polaris Matainence

Postby Pepe » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:01 pm

Where do you guys get your oil, oil filters, air filters and other routine matainence stuff from? I have always bought from my dealer but I sick and tired of their bad attitude and overpriced products. Is their a online store that sells Polaris oils and such? I like running the Polaris oils so please don't tell me to go get some Pensoil or Amsoil stuff to throw in there.

Gregg

Postby Gregg » Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:15 pm

I get my stuff from this crew http://www.worldofpowersports.com/cgi-b ... RT500.html
They have all maintenance parts and a good stock of OEM parts. Just ordered 700 springs and plowing spring spacers. They had 05 springs in stock. So far my orders have gone smoothly, no complaints.
Later............Gregg

2005 Polaris Sportsman.
2002 Polaris Trailboss
2004 Suzuki Ozark
BMW R-1150 GS
27' Allegro class A
A Couple of Trailers
A few Fords

jack whelen
ATV Obsession Rider

polaris matainence

Postby jack whelen » Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:16 pm

I usually get my maintenance supplys from my dealer,but I might start getting them from big bucks . Hope that helps. http://www.bigbuckatvproducts.com/shop_polaris.htm
Montana Jack
[i]"If it ain't broke don't try to fix it."[/i]

Pepe

Postby Pepe » Sat Mar 05, 2005 10:14 pm

Actually I ordered some parts from world of powersports last night but I could not find any oils of filters on there site. :roll:

jack whelen
ATV Obsession Rider

polaris matainence

Postby jack whelen » Sun Mar 06, 2005 1:06 am

I don' think powersports has the oil & filters .The only place I could find on line was big bucks. http://www.bigbuckatvproducts.com/shop_polaris.htm
Montana Jack
[i]"If it ain't broke don't try to fix it."[/i]

Lizard
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Lizard » Sun Mar 06, 2005 7:12 am

I have a friend that ordered tires and wheels last fall from Big Buck with good results.
Rincon that's dialed in.

clampnpolaris

parts

Postby clampnpolaris » Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:47 pm

pepe did u check dixon polaris?? they are better to deal with than concord. that is where i go from crockett
2016 f-350 4x4 powerstroke,
2015 fuizon toyhauler
2015 XP1000

Pepe

Postby Pepe » Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:46 pm

No, I have never been there. I have thought about it many times but I rarely am out that way. The owner at Concord Garden, Big Mike, is pretty cool. But everyone else has that "I could care less about you" attitude. I bought my 700 from the other mike and every time I am in there he is just a dick to me. Last year I went over there to get some front and rear axle gear oil and they gave me some hub drive oil. The part # matched what was listed in my service manual but it was a different name. When I questioned it Mike said "I dont know, heres a phone # for Polaris, you call them" That dick wouldnt even pick up the phone himself. When I called the # it was a wrong #. I finally got through to someone at Polaris and it was the right oil. I even asked Mike how could they service customers machines without knowing what was the right fluids, no responce. I made it clear to Polaris how unsatisified I was with my dealer. I have spent ~ $12000.00 in that store in the past 3 years and it is the same thing every time.

I looked on the big buck atv products web site, it looks like their shipping will kill any good prices they might have. I will keep looking.

Thanks for the replies. :D

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:12 am

That's a bummer Pepe. After 12K....you should get the royal treatment.

The dealer in Citrus Heights, is awesome. I have the link on site to Adrenaline Powersports. Bill is the owner, Doug the mechanic and Dan and Charlie inside. Great guys..I bought 1 kid quad there....and they bend over backwards to help me out...the last time...I brought the Quad in on a Friday with an electrical problem...and I had a ride on Sunday planned with Scott who flew in from Virginia. Bill found it wasn't the Rectifier or the Pod...but a circuit breaker in the front..with not enough time to order from Polaris...he drove around car parts stores in the area until he found one. That's service. Scott arrived...we did the ride (in the pouring rain) thanks to Bill.

So I don't mind the extra 5 bucks for oil and stuff. I want a good relationship, with a good dealer...just for times like above.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/