Rzr questions?

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Pepe
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Rzr questions?

Postby Pepe » Fri Aug 15, 2008 3:43 pm

I am seriously considering getting a Polaris RZR. How well do they fit in the bed of a fullsize truck short bed (6' bed)? FWIW I have a 2005 GMC 2500HD short bed. Going off the measurements in the pamphlet, 102" overall length it will fit with the tailgate down. Any personal experiences with this. Also any suggestions on the RZR in general?

I was quoted $11200. out the door for a bone stock 2008.

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Sun Aug 17, 2008 5:30 pm

I put mine in the bed of my truck. It is a long bed, and I have to leave the tailgate down. In a short bed the tires will be sitting on the tailgate. I would be leary of letting it ride on the tailgate since you have a GMC. They are know for the tailgate cables breaking. Other than that it should fit no problem.
That price seems like a good deal.
If you get it, becarefully of the cheap plastic clips on the air cleaner cover. And if you want to rock crawl invest in a skidplate.
'14 XP4 1k

Pepe

Postby Pepe » Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:27 pm

I am aware of the problems GM has had with the tailgate cables. A friend of mine has a set of turnbuckles that he installs on his tailgate when he hauls his quad. I was thinking of going with something like that. My main concern is will it even fit, because according to the generic measurements that Polaris puts out the center of the tire would be very close to the edge of the tailgate. I have trailers to tow it with but if its just me going I prefer to not tow, (I already have one ticket for over 55 while towing)

Anyone else have an opinion?

popotim

Postby popotim » Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:09 pm

My best friend I ride with has one and he loves it. I have driven it a lot, and honestly it's not really my cup of tea. You are strapped in there pretty good, and wherever the machine goes, your going with it. Can't jump off like an ATV. That top to it is not really a roll bar. You also can't stand up over the rough stuff, and you get a little more beat up. Also you can't look out and see your tires, so you need a little direction through the boulder gardens. But it is faster then s__t and handles awesome. He has put at least half again into it what he paid. Tires, wheels, header, controller, muffler, skid plates, clutch and so on. 07 had air box problems, but I'm sure they fixed that. It is the best of the SBS out there. We have also had some problems transporting it. Very limited tie down points. May take some work to sinch in down tight in the back of a truck. Just one man's opinion, because everybody else loves em.
sp 08 800, Polaris 3500 winch, 26 in. Mudlite XTR's, ATV-Guru front bumper, Ricochet skid plate, Stickstopper A-arm protectors, Garmin 60Cx gps.

sp 04.5 500 H.O. 25 in. Mudlite XTR's Stickstoppers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:36 am

They're pretty cool. I would just hate crossing deeper water, and having to sit, get wet and watch all the stuff floating inside....and spend the rest of the day with a wet ass. :)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:40 am

I guess you Burlingamers are more accustomed to sticky than wet huh? :shock:
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:12 am

Mmmmmm. Busted.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/