Sportsman front locker question???

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Keith Strong
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Keith Strong » Sun Apr 22, 2007 7:51 am

I cant believe how little snow this year.
07 Suzuki BlingQuad

springtuckyn
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby springtuckyn » Tue Apr 24, 2007 9:36 am

ATV'er wrote:I will try to put it on jack stands. Its a 2006. I was reading on the high lifter web site in there forum that some times this is common with polaris. It still doesnt seem right though. Last time I was out it was disengaging about half the time. I am going to ride fordyce today so I will see what happends.
Howdee. My 05 had this same issue. The AWD would kick in -in 2WD at the worst times and is really a major safety hazzard.

Chadd is correct in that the hillyard becomes magnetized. It will not correct its self.

Polaris covered the 6+ hour fix/parts out of warranty on my bike due to the safety issue.... it has worked great ever since.
2005 700 EFI Sportsman CAMO

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:18 am

WOW. I'm surpreised Poo Warrantied it.. everytime i tried they said it was Customer abuse ie: Spinning the tires ALOT in 2wd, Or Too much 4wd operation.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:45 pm

Sounds like it's a good habit to keep it in 2WD unless you really know you're going to need it.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:45 pm

But if your rear tires are spinning you need to be in 4wd.. That is according to the Techs at poo.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Tue Apr 24, 2007 5:09 pm

My problem was when I put it into four wheel drive and while riding if I put it into 2wd it want to stay in 4wd. Last weekend I changed my diff fluids and transmission fluit. It seems like it is better but I don't think I fixed the problem.

But I do think springtuckyn is right that it is magnetized. I will have to look into costs in getting it fixed.

springtuckyn
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby springtuckyn » Tue Apr 24, 2007 6:15 pm

I would recommend stressing to your dealer that this is an extreme safety hazzard and he should check with Polaris to cover it...

also, you should be covered under warranty if your bike is an 06...

http://www.polarisindustries.com/en-gb/ ... actUs/FAQ/

* How Long Is My Factory Warranty?

A one-year limited warranty exists against defects in material or workmanship as determined by Polaris Sales in its sole discretion for the following products:

Polaris Accessories
Polaris Apparel

Products used commercially or for rental purposes may carry varied warranty periods. Contact your local Polaris dealer for more information.

A two-year limited warranty exists against defects in material or workmanship as determined by Polaris Sales in its sole discretion for the following products:

ATV
RANGER

Products used for racing do not carry a manufacturer's warranty.

This warranty covers the parts and labour charges incurred for repair or replacement of defective components during the warranty period only. This warranty begins on the date of purchase and is transferable free of charge via a Polaris dealer.
* What Does My ATV Warranty Cover?

Limited Lifetime Belt Warranty
2001 to current year Polaris ATVs, Rangers, Polaris Professional Series, and Sportsman 6X6s carry a Limited Lifetime Warranty on drive belts . To qualify for this belt warranty policy, the owner must follow the recommended maintenance schedule with their Authorized Polaris Dealer. The belt itself must be deemed defective using the guidelines given to the Polaris dealer by the manufacturer of the belt and Polaris Industries. This warranty will not cover belt replacement due to operator error, normal wear, or belts that fail due to lack of proper clutch maintenance.

Two Year Factory Warranty
A two-year limited warranty exists against defects in material or workmanship as determined by Polaris Sales in its sole discretion for ATV's
2005 700 EFI Sportsman CAMO

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:33 pm

Thanks for the info, I will talk to my local polaris dealer.

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:03 pm

Well I made it by polaris today. It is covered if it is in the factory 6 month warrenty or the extended warrenty. But since I did not get the extended warrenty it is not covered. The parts are $52.00 and about 200 for labor and fluids.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Apr 25, 2007 4:28 pm

Chadd wrote:But if your rear tires are spinning you need to be in 4wd.. That is according to the Techs at poo.

So turning it off, to gun and kick out the tires on a dirt road is NO ES BUENO?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Sat Apr 28, 2007 2:00 pm

See senor.. Poo said the reason the ring gear is becoming magnatized is exsessive 2wd spin..

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Sat Apr 28, 2007 8:34 pm

Chadd wrote:See senor.. Poo said the reason the ring gear is becoming magnatized is exsessive 2wd spin..
WTF.. Good thing all the spinning in AWD would not do that...Boy I would need a couple front ends :lol: :lol:
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI