Light bulb #s?

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

Pepe
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Light bulb #s?

Postby Pepe » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:35 pm

Dose anybody know what is the # for the high beam headlight bulb and for the low beam bulbs also. This is for a Gen 4 2002Polaris Sportsman 700. My machine is out in the rain and tarped so it will have to wait for me to go pull them to look. TIA :D

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Tue Mar 27, 2007 5:36 am

Center pod= (Polaris # 2870448, old style, H4) PIAA H4 works great.
Models before 03 will have a straight connector with 3 male spades protruding from the bulb. This is also available wherever they sell automotive lights but the wattage/color selection is almost mind-boggling. Ask for a ?H4 50/65watt? if you want the equivalent to stock. Below is a pick of what the H4 bulb looks like.

I recommend the PIAA brand Extreme White # 15261 (single pack) as there product gives far Superior lighting to anything else I have tried, unfortunately the quality is reflected in the price. The PIAA bulb can be found on ebay at a reduced price when compared to the PIAA SITE

Tail/Brake Light Bulb (Polaris part # 4030043)

Polaris uses a standard 2-filament bulb found in almost all cars. This is also available almost anywhere by asking for a # 1157 or GE 198 bulb.

Bumper Mounted Light Bulb (Polaris part # 4030059)

At this point in time you have no choice but to order the OEM Polaris bulb @ $15ea as there are no aftermarket bulbs available. I have found you can purchase a complete set of driving/fog lights for $20, which will improve the lighting substantially since they come with 55-watt, H3 halogen bulbs and much better replaceable lenses vs. the Polaris 37watt bulbs and non replaceable lenses. Replacement H3 bulbs can be had for just a few dollars.

Info found on ATV Frontier
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI