Polaris Branded Accessories...

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

ToddW
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Polaris Branded Accessories...

Postby ToddW » Fri Feb 23, 2007 8:52 pm

So is it just me or are polaris add-ons almost the SAME price EVERYWHERE?!?!?!

Even used on eBay the front rack extenders go within $5-$10 of buying them NEW :roll:

I take it Polaris doesn't give the dealers much discount on their add-ons like this and even resell comands a pretty high price :x

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Feb 24, 2007 12:35 pm

Yup..I've noticed that as well. I'm assuming that the only way to do that is, the stuff doesn't have a huge mark up, because Polaris charges alot at wholesale.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:58 pm

Ordered my front rack extender from ebay svaed about $10.

Now I need a radiator "guard" (if that's what you call them) replacement. My two bottom screws popped out.

Oh, and did I mention my fan shroud must have been "bumped" because the fan hits the shroud (that's build ON TO IT, so it didnt MOVE) and makes a TERRIBLE scraping sound :roll:

Oh, and ANOTHER bushing is 50% cracked through, and yes they are installed how they should be ;)

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:23 am

ToddW wrote:Ordered my front rack extender from ebay svaed about $10.

Now I need a radiator "guard" (if that's what you call them) replacement. My two bottom screws popped out.

Oh, and did I mention my fan shroud must have been "bumped" because the fan hits the shroud (that's build ON TO IT, so it didnt MOVE) and makes a TERRIBLE scraping sound :roll:

Oh, and ANOTHER bushing is 50% cracked through, and yes they are installed how they should be ;)
Looks like we have a rider that rides as hard as Ken :wink:

The two screws popped out or you broke the two heads off the bolts?
If you broke the heads off you must of hit hard :shock:

These guys will have new guards. http://www.precision-aircraft.net/parts.htm
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:09 am

MrBill wrote:
ToddW wrote:Ordered my front rack extender from ebay svaed about $10.

Looks like we have a rider that rides as hard as Ken :wink:

The two screws popped out or you broke the two heads off the bolts?
If you broke the heads off you must of hit hard :shock:

These guys will have new guards. http://www.precision-aircraft.net/parts.htm
The plastic on the back of the screws "ripped" it looks like... I hit the metal under the guard and just caught this wimpy guard a very little bit, it's not realy destroyed just hit it enough to pop the plastic out of the holes.

Luckily I was only going ~8mph or I would have been over the handle bars, I hit a tree stump under the snow :shock:

I'm not to worried about the guard, I will replace w/ a new one and eventualy get a better guard/bumper in that area... what I really needt o figure out is the damn fan and shroud making that awful sound!!!

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Sun Feb 25, 2007 2:21 pm

I like to get my parts and pieces from Bill at Adrenaline (the poo deraler on sunrise) He is a really good guy and I would rather pay a few extra bucks and keep him in buisness then save a few and have him go out of buisness. And not be there when I need him. He also does alot of banshee stuff. Has a dyno too, and won't let you spend money on something you don't need.
'14 XP4 1k

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sun Feb 25, 2007 3:30 pm

ontherks wrote:I like to get my parts and pieces from Bill at Adrenaline (the poo deraler on sunrise) He is a really good guy and I would rather pay a few extra bucks and keep him in buisness then save a few and have him go out of buisness. And not be there when I need him. He also does alot of banshee stuff. Has a dyno too, and won't let you spend money on something you don't need.
The punk that was in there when I went in was less than helpful and I'm never going back or spending a penny there. :roll:

If I want to buy from a "store" I'll be doing it from Auburn Powersports (I believe that's their name) as they were MORE than helpful with every question I had regarding my purchase as well as equipment.

Sorry, but I like to save $10 where I can... it lets me continue to enjoy the hobbys I do.

-Todd

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:46 pm

LOL...

I wouldn't spend a penny in Auburn powersports....The owner is an arrogant pompous piece of shit. Ask Dusty..

Bill, the owner of Adrenaline is an AWESOME guy....I had my quad out one time with an electrical problem...I needed it for friend flying in for a ride...Bill drove to 4 different autopart stores looking for circuit breaker that had rusted on my mine.

And I will gladly hand over an extra 10 bucks to someone who is going HELP me with my hobby....when I need it.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

ToddW

Postby ToddW » Sun Feb 25, 2007 8:59 pm

Looks like everyone has their opinions of people ;)

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Feb 25, 2007 9:05 pm

Yup. Bill's ad is on there after 4 years of faithful service.

Auburn

Screwed up Dusty's tire order, Disrespected me and my equipment by walking right up to MY ATV and taking off my seat to get manual without asking me...fawk YOU....and the best...Steve taking his Polaris for an oil change and they cut the wire to his 4x4, which we had to spend 2 hours fixing at Dusy-Ershim trail...6 hours from home.

I wouldn't let him fix my salad.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Mon Feb 26, 2007 12:06 pm

Ken wrote:Yup. Bill's ad is on there after 4 years of faithful service.

Auburn

Screwed up Dusty's tire order, Disrespected me and my equipment by walking right up to MY ATV and taking off my seat to get manual without asking me...F**k YOU....and the best...Steve taking his Polaris for an oil change and they cut the wire to his 4x4, which we had to spend 2 hours fixing at Dusy-Ershim trail...6 hours from home.

I WOULDN'T LET THEM TOSS MY SALAD.

What the hell KEN?...lol

If you can find a dealer that sells parts at MSRP it's good. Most dealers try and get at least 10 percent over MSRP.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:07 pm

Actually Aurburn Powersports sold out and Apex bought them. The old owner is Jeff, I don't care much for them, I bought my sled from them and he rasied the price $100 after talking on the phone to him. Sled cost $100 more then my uncles did a year before and I got a 1 year warrenty and he got a 2 and mine was last years model.

As for service at Bill's. He is very busy, but when he will go down on a saturday night at 10 PM to get me parts and the ones he does not have in stock offers to take them off his personal sled, can't be beat.

If I had the money I would buy a new 800 and a new sled from him today, and at full price.
'14 XP4 1k

Keith Strong
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Keith Strong » Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:43 pm

Apex is owned by Rolph and Leslie. VERY cool people. I used to ride back the sport bike days with them. Rolph is ex Marine Corp. Super mellow guy and Leslie is a sweetheart.
07 Suzuki BlingQuad

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:24 pm

Interesting...so Auburn was sold to someone else.

I was REALLY PISSED when a stranger walked over to my quad, took off the seat and opened the storage without asking. This was Sept 2005.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director