sp 800 problems

The Way Out!

Moderator: hemingray

extreme atv rider
Just opened an account at Cabelas

sp 800 problems

Postby extreme atv rider » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:24 pm

went ridin today got three miles into ride and rear end started to chatter. looked every thing over couldn't find nothing lose. took home jacked the bike up seems my rear end is lose internals lot of play between wheels.

(when i turn one wheel the other sits for second there not locked tight with one another any more)
any suggestions?

and i noticed the engine is startin to smoke a bite. i have 43 hour and 138 miles is this a normal thing like chevy or should i take back to dealer?
06 sp800,pure polaris BG front & rear bumpers, 3.0 winch w/Amsteel blue, jamhard rad guard, 27" mudzilla's, quadovator temp gauge, 1" wheel spacers f, supertrapp slipon,2" lift, custom rad relocate, custom metal rear rack, epi clutch kit,

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Re: sp 800 problems

Postby MrBill » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:36 pm

extreme atv rider wrote:went ridin today got three miles into ride and rear end started to chatter. looked every thing over couldn't find nothing lose. took home jacked the bike up seems my rear end is lose internals lot of play between wheels.

(when i turn one wheel the other sits for second there not locked tight with one another any more)
any suggestions?

and i noticed the engine is startin to smoke a bite. i have 43 hour and 138 miles is this a normal thing like chevy or should i take back to dealer?
Man when did you get this rig? You broke the rear-end. You must be riding double on the tarmak. Did you get the heelclicker in?
1. Check the oil level in the rear diff.
2. both wheels are to be full time locked. (rear diff.)
3. Have the dealer check it out, it might have been delivered with out oil in the rear diff. (I've heard of two other's delivered this way)
4. Pray to who ever you pray to that this will be covered.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Aug 06, 2006 6:39 pm

Didn't you break 3 axles after the 2" lift?

I'd think your rear end problems could be lingering effects of the 2" lift.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

extreme atv rider

Postby extreme atv rider » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:42 am

never checked oil in gear case i took dealers word. and yes i did break axles so i took the lift off for now and i ride on pavment the wide of the two lane road we have to cross from my buddies house other then that it's all mud sand dirt.

any thoughts on engine smokin?
i followed the break in period in the book that came with changedd oil when needed. i'm startin to have doubt about polaris it's a great bike lots of power but spent a lot of money for it to fall apart.

i did get hc kit in it's great ingagement 1280 if i WOT i leave my buddy sp800 in the dust.
06 sp800,pure polaris BG front & rear bumpers, 3.0 winch w/Amsteel blue, jamhard rad guard, 27" mudzilla's, quadovator temp gauge, 1" wheel spacers f, supertrapp slipon,2" lift, custom rad relocate, custom metal rear rack, epi clutch kit,

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Mon Aug 07, 2006 5:50 am

Yea check the oil in the rear diff.
1280 engagement. Is that the white spring that came in the kit?

On the smoke? white or a little blue?
Smokes when cold or only hot.

extreme atv rider

Postby extreme atv rider » Mon Aug 07, 2006 6:45 am

blue stock spring. and the smoke is blue. when cold it puff alittle when i hit gas and you can smell oil when following me when it gets hot same but when following you can see a faint blue cloud i checked oil before ride it was full checked after ride burnt half quart. i did check rad for loss of fluid but all is ok as far as i know it's all oil smoke. now i realize i do ride it hard and play in the mud a lot but i never hold it WOT and i hit rev limit maybe twice or three time since i've owned it my buddy is as hard if not harder on his 800 and his hasn't shown any problems.

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:04 am

Rings or valve guides :(

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Mon Aug 07, 2006 9:06 am

Heres a service manual if you need it.
http://www.atvobsession.com/manuals/sportsman_800.pdf

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Aug 07, 2006 11:47 am

MrBill wrote:Rings or valve guides :(

That's pretty much the only way to get blue smoke....oil getting burned.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

extreme atv rider

Postby extreme atv rider » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:22 am

well i called dealer this morning told them what was going on with it and they told me too bring it to them but it would take two weeks for them to get to it. they were pretty nasty on phone i think there going to drag feet cause my warranty is about up and i know no one like to do warranty work. as far as rear diff there is fluid in it but there is a lot of play. wheres Chadd when you need him? i like to see what he has to say

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:40 am

Warranty work is no differant than cash.. All pays the same.. Good luck sounds like you might need it..
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

extreme atv rider

Postby extreme atv rider » Tue Aug 08, 2006 9:45 am

harder to fudge numbers when doin work for company rather then outside buyer.

Chadd have you seen any sp with problems i have did i get ia lemon or what?

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Tue Aug 08, 2006 11:42 am

I've seen one 800 that was using oil but it was not smoking. we replaced the rings. I haven't seen anybody have as many problems as you..
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

BearCat
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BearCat » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:35 pm

Just curious...where in the manual does it say everything should be fine after everything you have done to it LOL!! Snappin' three axles and burnin up a couple belts in a couple hundred miles is bound to effect other parts of the machine.

Bear
Polaris' don't leak oil...They Mark Territory!
[img]http://www.execulink.com/~jesten/header.jpg[/img]

extreme atv rider

Postby extreme atv rider » Fri Sep 01, 2006 3:58 pm

got my 800 back today after a month a dealer. not happy they changed stopped smokeing so they say buy adjusting my fuel map they never touched the rear cause i have a torn boot which they say the cv is where the problem is but i showed them different. now i have no power and have to hold gas for it to start.

Chadd can i correct what they did with the programer on ebay for 700/800 sportsman. i refuse to take it back to dealer.