Took The RZR out

Razor? RZR?

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Took The RZR out

Postby Ken » Sat Apr 23, 2011 8:57 am

Scott, Angelo, Kenan and I went out to Moonrocks...my main mission was break in the engine....Angelo's main mission was to rock crawl. LOL

Kenan and I took off on the main road....hitting speeds just over 70mph....Wow. Fish tailing around corners at will....the Crow Harness felt REALLY GOOD...LOL.

In a matter of no time...we'd gone 29 miles.

Back at Moonrocks...we crawled a LITTLE bit...but without skid plates and Rocker panel guards...I wasn't going to do much.

I'll let Angelo chime in for his time behind the wheel....
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Kodiak
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: Took The RZR out

Postby Kodiak » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:56 am

so after strapping in with a sweet racing seat belt, i slowly idled out of the parking lot and turned on the main road. and rolled onto 1/2 throttle and i was SIDEWAYS!! adding a bit more throttle it held the drift perfectly and was super balanced!!
after that i see a hill with tons of whoops that my atv made it up at about 15mph the rzr floated over the whoops at 25mph and i wasn't even pushing it.
after that i went down the main road (probably a bit too fast ) and saw a wash coming up quick. so i stepped on the brakes pretty hard and was shocked how fast it could slow down on this loose dusty road. it was awesome. after the brakes gave me the confidence i opened it up and hit 73 mph :D
this is the "best toy on the market" the power to weight ratio is perfect. and the clutch/ belt setup is awesome, i never detected any belt slip.
ken that was a great buy and an awesome ride thanks :)
Angelo

My Business mention ATV Obsession and i will hook you up.
http://www.mygemologist.com
K0HMR
My ATV!!
2006 Kodiak 450
warn 2500 winch, heated hand grips, and full custom skid plates with wrap around steel fender guards :) and 25" Bighorn tires

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:24 pm

A new rzr would be nice, but I'm going to take a hard look at the 2012 arctic cat sxs. I hope its as good as it looks. Then I can be done with polaris and then always breaking on me. :D
'14 XP4 1k

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Sat Apr 30, 2011 8:48 pm

Guess it's a matter of time before we see SxS Obsession....

Stopped in at Michael's Powersports in Reno to browse, the Can-Am is pretty nice too. Maybe in a couple of years....
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Sun May 01, 2011 7:51 am

hemingray wrote:Guess it's a matter of time before we see SxS Obsession....

Stopped in at Michael's Powersports in Reno to browse, the Can-Am is pretty nice too. Maybe in a couple of years....

Your probably right about that. Thats what I will buy next but I propably wont be able to buy one for about 3 years, hopefully my atv lasts that long.
KI6MLH

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby hemingray » Sun May 01, 2011 7:59 am

Ditto on the time frame. That will be about the time I can't stay sitting upright on the ATV and will have to have seat and be belted in. ;-)
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun May 01, 2011 8:58 pm

hemingray wrote:Ditto on the time frame. That will be about the time I can't stay sitting upright on the ATV and will have to have seat and be belted in. ;-)
Yeah...my son thought the RZR was for old men....until he was blasting down the road at 70+ MPH with the motor screaming at 8400RPM. When he stopped...he said..."Now I know why you got the seat belt harnesses.".
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/