Tested?

Razor? RZR?

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Tested?

Postby Mr. Green » Mon Apr 11, 2011 9:34 pm

so ken have you had a chance to test out your new toy yet? Id be going crazy looking at that thing id only last a few days max before i ditched out to test it.

If you want ill be free thur and i could break in your belt for ya :twisted:
09 can-am renegade

Ken
Site Admin

Re: Tested?

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:20 pm

LOL...are you kidding? It's killing me.

I was thinking about going next Friday to like Moonrocks.

Here's the deal....Right now it still has my ATV tires/wheels. The DWT beadlocks are factory backordered to April 22. Since that was going, and I read about some melting issues...I sent the entire pipe to be Ceramic coated..inside and out. Then I wrapped it in heat wrap....and put the heat shields back on April 3....then I left for work...last weekend in New Orleans...this weekend I'll be in Talladega for the Aarons 499...Monday I drive a NASCAR 10 laps at the Dale Jarrett driving Experience....Then I get home Thursday night.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:58 pm

Ken wrote: ...Monday I drive a NASCAR 10 laps at the Dale Jarrett driving Experience....Then I get home Thursday night.
Very nice. Looked into somthing like that once for my brother and me (near vegas)but was just to much cash to me at the time. Its my understanding they will let you go as fast as your able, the one i looked into there was a 2cnd car ahead of you that you followed into turns etc so you had the right line's and you tailgated him etc to get them to go faster.

Have you ever done this before?
I could put the new toy on the back burner for a bit as well to go drive a nascar, how cool is that 8)

Good Luck and i hope you break 180mph :twisted: even 150 would be cool.
09 can-am renegade

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:29 pm

I have done it before.

I did 8 laps (much smaller track than Talladega) at Disneyword Raceway at the Richard Petty Driving Experience. You are correct...at Petty, you are in the car by yourself. There is a pace car in front of you....and essentially yes...you stay close to him...and as long as you can stay close...he'll keep speeding up. Frankly, I'm not sure how those guy drive looking the rear view mirror.

What intrigued me about the Dale Jarrett driving, is you have no pace car. The instructor is sitting the passenger seat. He'll give you had signals to speed up...or slow down. The instructors have radios to the other drivers...so if you're going faster...you're allowed to pass!

I decided on 10 laps at Talladega...which is really 12...you leave the pits...and your lap doesn't start till you come back around...and after 10...you drive around to the pit. It was only 200 more than 6, and I figured I'd get a good feel with 10. I know with 8 at Disneyworld, I was just feeling like I was ready to rip...and it was over!

Here's the original post
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1654
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:51 pm

bad ass, ken.

i dont even watch nascar, but how could you not have fun in a car liek that on a race track... I've had my share of fun just on some banked highway on ramps i know off :twisted: , but being on a real track with a semi pro machine what a treat.

Let us know how it went like in your older post.
09 can-am renegade

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Mon Apr 18, 2011 2:49 am

ok.. i dont know know what i want to hear about more...a ride in your new rzr or the nascar.

ok nascar :roll:

let us know what you thought of it, loved your other write up.
09 can-am renegade

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:18 pm

LOL..it's ok Brian...I would say NASCAR too.

I posted a write up in Off-Topic. Let's just say the race and driving school was AWESOME.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:28 am

to get this back on topic... i bet in the next week ill have my quad up and running. Then from april 28 ill be in Grass Valley for about 2-3 weeks so lets go out for a test run? or at the very least lets go shoot some clays?
09 can-am renegade

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:01 am

Sweet..I'm in for either.

I'll be happy to report...I'm taking the RZR out tomorrow with my son to break in the engine. We're going to go Moonrocks...some place where I can open it up a bit to seat the rings. Scott and Angelo are going to tag along....they'll probably rock crawl I'm guessing.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:42 am

got my quad back today with all the parts.. so lets see if all of you.. come over in the morning and help me wrench i bet we could be up there by noon :D (in GV tonight).
09 can-am renegade