What can "Brown" do for you?

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:42 am

MrBill wrote:You know if we went word for word in the safety classes we would never go riding. No hills over 25%, Never turn on a hill, and so on..

Is that what they instruct at a class? I've never taken a class and I don't know anyone that has, so I can't say.

All I'm saying is... (and I am not referring to the above mentioned couple)
some people have no clue as to what to expect when they buy a quad.

If a person has the basic knowledge of how something works they are that much better off.

And c'mon we've all seen people riding a quad that are totally clueless.
People see 4 wheels and automatically think "safer" than 2... :roll:

But it goes way beyond that logic. There are precautions to take with alot of things. And I'm sorry-but some people lack common sense to even apply that theory.

That's it...I'm off my soap box.... :D
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:48 am

Haven’t been to a class but reading my Polaris book and lawn tractor book. This is what I would expect.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Oct 31, 2005 12:27 pm

That's a question for safety "DAVE".... He gives safety classes.

and....
And c'mon we've all seen people riding a quad that are totally clueless
Rode with one this weekend...... Think his name is Chadd. lol.....

Dude, "R" Doesn't mean race.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Oct 31, 2005 1:53 pm

MrBill wrote:You know if we went word for word in the safety classes we would never go riding. No hills over 25%, Never turn on a hill, and so on..

Or go down billy goat hills.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Mon Oct 31, 2005 2:35 pm

lol...you guys are funny...

Going up or down the stuff your mentioning is fun...if you know what your doing and what to expect...

I guess "safety" Dave doesn't read my posts....lol

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Mon Oct 31, 2005 3:38 pm

Listen here Cole Trickle Rubbin may be racin but not on dirt roads with ATV'S at a very high rate of speed PLUS I wasn't the one trying to put Steve in the wall or should i say off the CLIFF...LMAO
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:00 pm

I guess "safety" Dave doesn't read my posts....lol
some of us have to work... I think two up machines are just fine and I would go so far as to say that riding double on just about any machine is fine if you have a brain,,,, that's a big if... the safety classes demonstrate and teach turning on hills breaking on down hills and side hills, also breaking in a turn, riding over obsticals, the thrust of the program is that ATV'S are rider active. Meaning that you must move your body in order to maintain the stability of your machine.

I find that the people that show up for the class are mainly there because they are reciving and incentive from the manufacture honda $100 yam $75, pol $100 gift cert ect. most people just want the $$$ and realy don't care about the program. It is a good class for a first time rider, I have had some riders that don't even know how to start there macine. someone else loaded it for them and I get it out of the truck so they can start the class.

QG I read all your post. :lol:

Terry how is that new 800? did you tell them you were a new rider so you could take the class??

DAVE

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:21 pm

Thanks for the info....

Don't work too hard... :wink:

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:39 pm

Terry how is that new 800? did you tell them you were a new rider so you could take the class??
The 800 is fine..... and I'm still waiting for my $100. gift Cert.... WTF (heck) Chadd..... lol. Holdin out on me.... :roll:

Thanks Safety Dave....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

dp
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby dp » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:34 am

It frustrates me that I can't legally take my kid quadding. Too young to drive (and she has a sportsman 90) and I can't put her on the quad with me. She loves to ride and I occasionally take her on an easy trail ride...she loves it. Thats where the 2-up comes in. It's legal to take her, but you gotta use your brains. I agree 2-up is an accident waiting to happen but the laws have tied us so tight that this is the manufacturers answer at this point. I'm done with my rant.
'05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:48 am

There's really no right answer..... It's typical for the government to tie the hands of everyone because of a few. I understand the concept however disagree with it.

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:29 am

dp, FYI. it is legal for you to let your child ride any size machine you chose, maybe bad judgement, but there is not any law in ca that I am aware of that would stop you from letting your daughter ride the 90 or a 500 for that matter. the manufac of atv,s make recomendations on size age relasionships. atv training is free in ca for children, I belive the age that they start training kids is six. you can call 1 800 887 2887 for training. hope this helps..............It is to bad that atv's have become a target for the so called dogooders, I saw some statistics the other day on trampoline accidents the numbers were huge, how about horses, bikes, ect. but we are the one's with the crosshairs on us.......

DAVE

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:46 pm

That's correct Dave. There is no "Law"...but they sure make it sound like it when you read the sticker.

You just tell the Dealer you're buying the 800 for yourself, not your 10 year old. :)

Seriously...I posted before....I let my daughter drive my 700. She was 12. She's so cautious and careful and has ridden her 90, and knows it can roll.

My son....wouldn't let him touch it with a 10 foot pole.

I just know their personalities...

Would I buy my daughter a 700? Nah..but to noodle around camp...sure. But I wouldn't hesitate to get her a 350 Rancher or 400 Arctic Cat....grown up, but modest in size.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

dp
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby dp » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:02 am

Yeah, I know that the age limit is a reccomendation, but she is physically to small to ride. She likes to run her barbie beach cruiser into EVERYTHING.
'05 Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:41 am

She likes to run her barbie beach cruiser into EVERYTHING.
Sounds like Kenan on a motorcycle..... :roll: