fabricated foot rest(floor board guards

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

ash2042
Is tracking a shipment right now

fabricated foot rest(floor board guards

Postby ash2042 » Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:44 am

I was looking at some of the atv obsession riders modifications and saw foot rest guards and wonder how you guys made these or where you got them. Thanks Ash
04.5 Sportsman 500 HO
Warn 2.5 winch

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:28 pm

We'll let Ken answer that one....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 04, 2004 3:52 pm

Dan, our token old guy makes em.... "mtnjeep2".

Rider: Dan Duffy - Off Your Rocker Panels
Nickname: None....yet
Email: Geepn@aol.com
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:09 pm

pictures?
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:48 am

There's 2 foot guards that we've made for the rocks.

The one, I'll take a picture of tomorrow. It will be easier to explain.

The other that Dan makes, is like a Rocker panel. It runs along the seam of the outside edge of the foot rest. So, if you went over a rock on the front wheel...and landed on your foot rest...you'd hit this steel plate. I don't have photos, cause Dan is still making mine.

He makes rocker panel guards for a living. www.offyourrockers.com

The ones he's making for me...I've seen on his quad, and they're REALLY nice. Powder coated....rubber seam. He charges us $50 bucks. I'm sure you'd be the same. If you move to Oregon, and do rocks..you'll need it. The foot rest bucket for a Polaris is $119. Trust me..I know.

So will Terry.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Mon Jun 07, 2004 8:49 am

would be nice, i just replaced a footwelll because it got busted up, same with the rear rack, flipped the atv over a month ago..
was hauling ass along a trail, and a 4x4 pickup was ther, whipped around him and wound up sliding up on a washout, tried to stop, then turned the quad, it went over from there and launhed me about 8' (2 cracked ribs), quad came tumbling towards me but missed, but rear rack was split and footwell was trashed...oh well. replaced both already.
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jun 07, 2004 3:28 pm

Hey Terry...you have a friend. You guys should compare accidents.

joking of course...sounded serious.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/