gas cans

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

gas cans

Postby hemingray » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:40 pm

After two of my cheesy Blitz 5 gallon gas cans went south (one split along the handle seam and the other cracked the cap all the way around) in one week, I started looking at those expensive safety cans. I'm tired of the crappy CARB-certified junk - these plastic cans all seem to last a few years and then something happens to them. They're all a pain in the a** to work with, drip and spill all over and are just plain crummy.

SO - got myself a real safety can. Sure, they're expensive, but they are really built and you don't have to fumble with the latest CARB-inspired garbage-gizmo of the week for trying to dispense gasoline.

These things are easy to handle do what they are supposed to - transfer gas into the tank of whatever you need it in. No frills, no silliness, and they are actual metal construction. Filling is easy too - a spring-loaded cap opens while you fill, and pull out the spout and you're done! No bloated gas cans on hot days - these are vented (so you need to store them somewhere reasonable). I love this thing and plan to get 2 more over time and be done with it. You get what you pay for, that's for sure.

You may ask yourself - how do they get around Jerry Brown and The Green State? Why, it turns out that CARB regs exempt safety cans that are OSHA certified (under a federal code)! So, welcome to gas-dispensing nirvana! Common sense - AND no spills!

BTW - just so you know, Eagle is made in USA and Justrite is made in China. Just sayin'.....
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ken
Site Admin

Re: gas cans

Postby Ken » Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:48 am

hemingray wrote:You may ask yourself - how do they get around Jerry Brown and The Green State? Why, it turns out that CARB regs exempt safety cans that are OSHA certified (under a federal code)! So, welcome to gas-dispensing nirvana! Common sense - AND no spills!
HAHA...that's AWESOME!
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/