Polaris EFI diagnostic software

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Polaris EFI diagnostic software

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:45 pm

http://www.atving.com/atvconnection/Fea ... 00-EFI.cfm

I was reading about this software and as a techie geek I was wondering if anyone has ever used it. What is teh MSRP on this and what type of cable do I need to get to connect my laptop into the ATV?
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Chadd
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Chadd » Wed Jul 06, 2005 5:55 pm

It's called Digital Wrench and i think it's propriotory software. We get the software and all the cables from Polaris.
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 6:05 pm

so if I wnated to aquire them I would most likly not be able to. . . if anything goes wrong i did not want to have to haul it into hte shop to pay to have it looked at if i could figure it out on my own. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Wed Jul 06, 2005 8:58 pm

I Don't think you can get your hands on it. Besides your local Polaris shop doesn't charge $$ for diagnoses.lol
2007 Can-Am 800 XT, Full skid Plates, HMF Exhaust, Dobeck EFI Controller, AKA Zuki Eater Huh Larry.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:08 pm

I knew there was a reason I got my quad there. . . I was assuming it was like most auto dealers where it costs you 50 bones to jsut hook up into the diagnostics system.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:00 pm

The next question would be what happens if the Bosh EFI fails.

Just read the story...at least the guy could have spelled Bosche correctly.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Chadd

Postby Chadd » Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:19 pm

It's pretty hard to charge to hook it up It only takes like 5 minutes to diagnose. On a good note i have only seen on EFI have a problem and the TPS went out. It still ran but it was running really rich.