ATV Trailor needed/Wanted

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

ATV Trailor needed/Wanted

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jul 05, 2005 1:50 pm

I am looking to get a trailor to pull my quads. the one I have not does not work as well as I had hoped in regards to putting the two of them in there. I really like the one ken has and I think that he got an incredible price for it.

i am looking to spend about 1k on it. Would like to get the full size wheels on the trailor, an be able to fit three quads. Anyone know of something like this.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:22 pm

Try this place....

http://www.travelingtoys.com/

It's where I bought my snowmobile....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:25 pm

tried the place where ken got his and they do not sell them anymore. the guy who does make them was not in the office so will have to try in the AM again
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:45 pm

Another Trailer place is PacWest on Longview off 80..by the Light Rail station.

You're NOT going to get a new 2 ATV trailer for $1000. Used...yes...New...no.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jul 05, 2005 2:54 pm

used is fine with me. . . in fact a used trailor is as good as a new one normally,

I called three more places this afternoon and no one seems to make them or carry them. I could always go and spend 2 k, but that is a lot as i am usre i can find a deal like you did ken. . . just have to look. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:00 pm

Dude, get a snowmobile trailer... That way you can swap quads with your next investment (snowmobiles!!!) depending on the season....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

RobG
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby RobG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:19 pm

Miyagi speaketh the truth... get a snowmobile trailer.

I was gonna suggest a Triton ATV trailer, but Terry's right... get a two-place snowmobile trailer from Triton. Aluminum, weighs maybe 350 lbs, is 8' wide and 8' long (maybe a hair longer) and will carry two quads or two sleds easily. You should be able to get one NEW for under $1500, maybe for as little as $1200 but I can't really say for sure.

Rob
'09 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS
'02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
'05 Arctic Cat M7 153

'05 Dodge RAM 3500 QC 4x4 6sp
'06 Keystone Raptor 3814SS 5th Wheel Toyhauler

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:45 pm

I looked at the Snow mobile trailoers and they are nice as they are so light, but there are a couple isues i have with them.

1) they normally have the 9" wheels and i want to get one with 13" whels as they travel better and less blow outs.
2) the Snow mobile ones normally have a higher platform as they sit above the wheel wells as ossposed ot in hte wheel wells, giving a higher center pf gravity

I would like ot be able ot fit three quads, or two quads and a motor cycle. I think a 12 foot would work as that is what ken has.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:02 pm

I think a 12 foot would work as that is what ken has.
Can you fit two sleds side by side??

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:22 pm

How wide is a sled?? I'll measure mine...I'm curious.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

RobG
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby RobG » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:29 pm

In that case I suggest the Triton UT128... I used to have one of these myself. It has a 12'8" deck and holds three ATVs no problem. I paid about $1600 for mine, which I regret selling about a year and a half ago.

I had ZERO problems with the smaller wheels and tires, and I carried a lot of weight on that trailer. A friend has a snowmobile version of that trailer with a fiberglass cap (clamshell type) with the same wheels/tires and also has had zero trouble.

The higher center of gravity is also a non-issue... plus the added ground clearance is nice. I towed my Trion 70+ miles on lousy AZ dirt roads headed for one big trip down there and it did great.

The downside is the trailer is only 79" wide so it won't hold two snowmobiles... though come to think of it, Triton makes both 12' and 14' models with v-noses and ramps that work front or back, but the price could go up quite a bit with those... don't know though.

Another option for the super-cheap... Northern Tool & Equipment sells a trailer that will hold two ATVs, but it's $799 and you still have to figure out shipping, which isn't too cheap.

Rob
'09 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS
'02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
'05 Arctic Cat M7 153

'05 Dodge RAM 3500 QC 4x4 6sp
'06 Keystone Raptor 3814SS 5th Wheel Toyhauler

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:42 pm

I believe close to the width of a quad.... I'm guessing Ken's trailer to be around 6.5 ft. to maybe 6.9 ft wide. I think you'll need 8 ft. minimum.

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:00 pm

Tight on money Harbor frieght.....LOL
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jul 05, 2005 5:25 pm

Well with that knowledge will see what that one trailer goes for.

I know that the Polaris Quad is 81 inchs long. his trailor holds them perfectly as they have those top rails that give it about 3-4 inchs on each side, so I think that his trailor is about 74-75 inchs wide, which is about 6' 2-3" wide. Length wise a 12' bed would be perfect.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jul 05, 2005 6:01 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
I believe close to the width of a quad.... I'm guessing Ken's trailer to be around 6.5 ft. to maybe 6.9 ft wide. I think you'll need 8 ft. minimum.

Hmmm....I don't remember how wide it is. It definitely takes the Quad nose to tail as you know...but the curve of the tires...goes past the side and into the Rail.

Terry's going to laugh.....I'd have Kenan or Monica measure it....but I couldn't explain where the tape measure is.... :oops:

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director