Helmet Radio order

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Helmet Radio order

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:23 am

I am going to be making an order here hopefully this week for the head set radios.

So far ken and Jack have theirs.

I want to get two, which put us to 4, but if there is a way we can order 6 total we can get our own private 2nd channel on the things. Any interest? I know dan was thinking about it at one time.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jun 30, 2005 10:59 am

I'll call Dan...I think he wanted 2.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:41 pm

Talked to dan today and he just got a GPS so is going to wait on the radios. Unless I hear from others, will order just two here tomorrow. (Wed)
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:47 pm

Steve is getting 1 for sure.

That's 5. 1 more and we get our own channel. We'll just have to send the unit back for programming.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:06 pm

Dusty,

I just texted Steve about whether he wants to add on to your order or do it himself.

I'll let you know.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jul 06, 2005 2:10 pm

That was fast.

He said if you could add to your order...he'd really appreciate it. He'll give you the cash on 7/16.

Just charge the battery before hand....and we can install in the morning...it literally takes about 8-10 minutes.

Make sure you put in the comments, that it's for ATVOBSESSION.COM. Yvonne knows us now....and it's good she sees that for possible future testing new products.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:15 pm

I placed the order for 3 more today so will hopefully get them here by this weekend if not by next week early.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

clampnpolaris
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby clampnpolaris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:42 pm

i would also like to order a set what model ?
are you guys getting ?
is it fixed to the helmet?
2016 f-350 4x4 powerstroke,
2015 fuizon toyhauler
2015 XP1000

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:43 pm

Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:53 pm

clampnpolaris wrote:i would also like to order a set what model ?
are you guys getting ?
is it fixed to the helmet?
If you only have 1 or 2 friends that will get it...just add on to our group, and you can be included with our Private channel.

viewtopic.php?t=350

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jul 06, 2005 9:56 pm

Need to choose a color

Grey or Black. . .

Also there is a 25 dollar charge if you have to resend the radio in to have it re-programmed. Not sure if you are aware of that ken. wanted to make sure you knew so when you sent it back in would not have an issue.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:07 am

They gave us a private channel with 5 radios! Thanks Yvonne.

For those that don't know. When you get a private channel, you have 2 channels...a public and private. So you can talk to people without the private channel.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:08 am

Not only that, but I also got the "free gift" withthe order. I got the head set thing that will allow you if you want to use the radios free of a helmet. . . will look pretty geeky I think, but still cool
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 07, 2005 10:15 am

clampnpolaris wrote:is it fixed to the helmet?

It is fixed to the helmet with a pre-cut velcro piece. Just position, stick and press/wiggle. It will not come off. You have to pull like a mother to get it off.

They give you 2 pieces...so you could use it on 2 helmets...just have to buy extra speakers.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:41 pm

staci told me that I got the three radios today at the house. She put them on the charge for us so they should be all good to go for this weekend. they are supposed to be sharged for 10 hours the first time. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .