Helmet Radio order

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:49 pm

10 hours is correct.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:24 am

Talked to staci about the radios today and she said she thinks they are charged, but there was no light or things to indicate they were were chared or were charging. is there a way you can tell?
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:22 pm

No light. As long as it was plugged in...I'm sure it's fine. It's actually, an RCA type connection to the charger, so it's easy to know if you plugged it in to the charger correctly.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Dennis
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Dennis » Sun Sep 25, 2005 9:46 am

How are these working out for everyone? I thought I'd pick up something similar for my wife and I. I wasn't planning on spending this kind of money. Are these really worth the extra expence?

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Sep 25, 2005 6:44 pm

I think so.

I spent $90 on Motorola's plus $55 each on Motocomm headsets....and wasn't impressed. They worked "Okay", especially with 2 riders. Anymore...and the noise made them worthless. Plus, the talk button is on your handle bars....so everytime you get off, you have to unplug.

Yes...they're expensive...but they definitely work. I tossed all my motocomm stuff in the trash....Why not sell it on Ebay? Cause last time I used it....it broke.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:56 am

I love the radios. I also take my IPod and plug it into the head sets. So I can be riding down the trail or up osme rocks, and if anyone talks, it will override the music and their voices will come over the radios. It is sweet. It also have a reciptical where you can place a cord to plug in your Cell so you can take calls while riding if you need to. . .

The only issue that I found with them is they are a little hard to get the stupid head set jack into the head set. Mine keeps popping out for osme reason. Ken said I had to push this in with all my might, which I did and he did, but it still works its way out. I jsut have to push it back in everyonce in a while and I am good to talk some more. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Dennis
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Dennis » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:24 pm

How do the speakers sound with music. We're just now thinking about the i-pod style devices. It's gonna be an electronic X-mas this year in our house. 8)

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Sep 27, 2005 12:06 am

Push hard and Twist....even put a little saliva around the edge. Literally, I could hang the radio by the plug. It should snuggly, go in.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Tue Sep 27, 2005 1:39 pm

the speakers sound good, I mean they are no Bose speakers, but they performed great for the sound I was looking for. I just need to find some way to put the IPod in a dust free device to keep it away from the trail dust. . . riding 6th or 7th from the front on a dusty trail you get pretty dirty. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Sep 28, 2005 8:36 am

Full_Polaris_man wrote:the speakers sound good, I mean they are no Bose speakers, but they performed great for the sound I was looking for. I just need to find some way to put the IPod in a dust free device to keep it away from the trail dust. . . riding 6th or 7th from the front on a dusty trail you get pretty dirty. . .

You could put it in a plastic bag inside a small camera pouch. I sewed my velcro camera pouch, so it wouldn't come off my fanny pack ..like before. :?

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Sep 28, 2005 9:01 am

I might try double bagging it. . . I already have a pouch type thing that I use, but the dust still gets into that. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .