Sticks and stones will break my boots....

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Sticks and stones will break my boots....

Postby hemingray » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:49 am

So, riding over brush got me a damaged rear outside CV joint boot. The Grizz is going in for a service so I'm going to have them fix it.

Now I'm looking to protect the boots from sticks and branches that hit the sweet spot. I see that Cycle Country has some protectors that bolt to the lower A-arm, and someone else sells a Kevlar sock that fits over the boot itself. Looking at the various armor available, I don't see that it protects from this kind of thing, it only helps with rocks under the a-arms and doesn't offer much towards the front, where the sticks and branches can angle upward and poke the boot.

Experiences and suggestions welcome! Guess I'm more of a lumber crawler than rock crawler.
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ken
Site Admin

Re: Sticks and stones will break my boots....

Postby Ken » Tue Aug 02, 2011 2:33 pm

Sticks are definitely boot killers.

Check out the A-Arm guards for FactoryUTV in sac for the RZR....I would look for something like that...and if you can't....bring your quad down to Dave....he'll make you one. He said he would make it for my Polaris...but I would have to leave it there...so it maybe an offseason type thing.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Re: Sticks and stones will break my boots....

Postby ATV'er » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 pm

Ken wrote:Sticks are definitely boot killers.

Check out the A-Arm guards for FactoryUTV in sac for the RZR....I would look for something like that...and if you can't....bring your quad down to Dave....he'll make you one. He said he would make it for my Polaris...but I would have to leave it there...so it maybe an offseason type thing.
That would be cool to ditch my metal skid plate for one of those. I may think about that.
KI6MLH