Radio Headsets

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

BradM
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby BradM » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:12 pm

Ken wrote:That's good information.

However, we can't do that. If you've seen our pictures....most of the times when we're getting off, it's to sprint over to help someone who's gotten into a spot of trouble.

For slow technical riding like the Rubicon and Fordyce, you may want to consider just using an open radio. I carry my second radio on the left shoulder strap of my Camelbak M.U.L.E. and I hear it fine from there. Then I have it for use when I'm off the machine, just turning it on when I need it. For slow crawling it works fine as is.

The other thing you can do is velcro the radio and wire bundle right onto your helmets, and velcro your PTT button to your Camelbak shoulder strap or somewhere else on your person. Voila, you are good to go for cartwheeling off your machines to help another rider out, and this way, when you do take off your helmet, you won't have to unplug anything.

Or, just mount your PTT on your person also, though the downside is having to still unplug when the helmet comes off unless you want to hassle taking everything off to leave with the helmet.

Definately you guys are going to have to quit plugging and unplugging your stuff though, as I did.
http://www.intrepidexplorers.org/

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:25 pm

Thanks....I agree...it's clear...that's the problem.

I like the mounting the PTT to the camel back. As for the helmet...I rarely take it off...just for breaks...really. In the summer, i prefer it on for shade (note my Gillette doo) and in the winter, it keeps me warm.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sun Nov 28, 2004 9:44 pm

Thanks.....it's clear. :idea: ..that's the problem.

I can see Ken, sitting on the JOHN saying the above.... Duh. lol....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.