Heelclicker Clutch

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Heelclicker Clutch

Postby Ken » Mon May 23, 2005 5:59 pm

Bill,

I noticed you have that listed...How do you like it?? Notice any differences?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon May 23, 2005 8:30 pm

Does it come in RED with glitter and a dog named Toto....lol
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Tue May 24, 2005 6:00 am

I love it. Got rid of belt slippage. When I had stock tires and the stock primary spring you just have to touch the throttle and you start to go. Now I have add more weight with the steel rims and 26”Mudlites I’ve had to play with the Primary springs. I have a white primary spring in now and the clutch kicks in like stock but no more hot clutch cover (belt slippage). I had to wait for the white spring to come in so I tried the heelclicker orange spring. With the orange spring my 500 just shit and get really hailed ass, wheellies and all but it ran at 5k to 6400 RPM. This is the best change I’ve done to the rig. I think my next set in tires are going to be the 25” mudlites.
No but you can get rainbow springs on specal order...LOL
Notice any differences?
Yea lots more torque!!!
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue May 24, 2005 8:13 am

Quote:

No but you can get rainbow springs on specal order...LOL
Hey Larry, did you hear that... They have srings in your color.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue May 24, 2005 10:14 am

MrBill wrote:I love it. Got rid of belt slippage. When I had stock tires and the stock primary spring you just have to touch the throttle and you start to go. Now I have add more weight with the steel rims and 26”Mudlites I’ve had to play with the Primary springs. I have a white primary spring in now and the clutch kicks in like stock but no more hot clutch cover (belt slippage). I had to wait for the white spring to come in so I tried the heelclicker orange spring. With the orange spring my 500 just shit and get really hailed ass, wheellies and all but it ran at 5k to 6400 RPM. This is the best change I’ve done to the rig. I think my next set in tires are going to be the 25” mudlites.
Hmm....I'm sorry..I got confused reading this.

You put in the Heelclicker and used the White spring...and you liked it? And then used the Orange spring, and it was really grippy? So did you like the White or Orange spring?

And I didn't understand the "but it ran at 5k to 6400 RPM". It ran at higher RPM with the orange spring? I don't understand why....

I know nothing about Heelclickers...so that's why I ask.

Also...did you install yourself? If so, how difficult?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Tue May 24, 2005 12:28 pm

Sorry I got the spring coloers mixed up.
Polaris 500 HO comes with a Blue/Green primary spring.
With the heelclicker cams or weights and the stock Blue/Green primary spring the engagement of the clutch happens very early in the RPM's.
The heeclicker kit comes with three springs one for the driven clutch and two for the primary clutch. orange and yellow. The orange has a higher RPM engagement. and the yellow is for race or very high RPM engagement.(the peak torque and HP for a 500HO are up at 5500RPM)
With my stock 25" tires everything was great. Low RPM engagement and great grip(belt).
I installed 26" mudlites along with ITP steel rims so I added weight and rolling force increased. I found with the stock Blue/Green spring would shift out to soon causing the 500HO to bog and at 40MPH or so going up a slope not a steep hill , so I needed to increase the engagement RPM. The Orange spring was to high in engagement RPM so just running around on the trails my RPM was upwards of 5000 RPM and up. I had to get a primary spring with a higher rate and force than the stock Blue/Green spring. The white polaris spring is what I changed to. So as I was waiting for the new white spring to get in at the dealer I tried the Orange just for fun. Hope this is a little clearer....Clear as Mud...
Install is very easy. I recommend self instalation so you can see the conditoins of your clutch when installing.

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Tue May 24, 2005 5:15 pm

Hey Ken
Still clear as mud ? Try here..http://atvquadsquad.com/eve/ubb.x/a/tpc ... 8771024481
and here..http://www.heelclicker.com/faq.htm

Later time for a ride..

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue May 24, 2005 6:13 pm

Thanks Bill....

Clear as freaking mud. Thanks a million. :lol:

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed May 25, 2005 2:15 pm

cause I am not afraid to ask questions, what in the heck is a Heelclicker

So after you all give me the smart ass responses about not knowing, a real answer would be good too. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed May 25, 2005 2:29 pm

Hang on... Cuz I need to give you the answer Ken gives me.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed May 25, 2005 2:35 pm

I can't find the standard answer Ken gives me however.... May I suggest you read the previous posts within this thread?

It might give some insight as to what they are and do.... lol.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed May 25, 2005 2:53 pm

Honda_man wrote:cause I am not afraid to ask questions, what in the heck is a Heelclicker.

Smart Ass Answer: Read the title, then read the posts.

Real Answer: Read the title, then read the posts.

With our "fragile" belt....you need something to grip it....hence....

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Wed May 25, 2005 3:38 pm

I read about this piece on the link you gave, and it sounds like a pretty simple piece or metal.

I thought that the belt never slips anyways on the Polaris's or there were very rarely if ever a belt slipping issue. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed May 25, 2005 3:45 pm

'Ride a honda, or die cold and alone'
Hey Dusty, what exactly does this mean now that you're bailing out??

RobG
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby RobG » Wed May 25, 2005 3:49 pm

Simply put, Heelclicker is a brand name. The product is a clutch kit.

Belt drive ATVs and snowmobiles benefit greatly from properly tuned clutch setup. This is a combination of springs in the Primary and Secondary clutches, as well as clutch weights and helixes. It seems to be related to sorcery too, as I don't completely understand all of it just yet. I hope to though.

I have the EPI clutch kit in my Grizzly and love it, though I think I need a little more cruise RPM and a little faster backshift, so I want to talk to the EPI folks to see what parts I need to accomplish that.

Rob
'09 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 EPS
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 S
'08 Polaris Outlaw 525 IRS
'02 Yamaha Grizzly 660
'05 Arctic Cat M7 153

'05 Dodge RAM 3500 QC 4x4 6sp
'06 Keystone Raptor 3814SS 5th Wheel Toyhauler