Praise where praise is due.

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Praise where praise is due.

Postby traildad » Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:01 pm

I thought it would be nice to put out a good story about a merchant. I ordered a new ATV wheel and tire from JCWhitney.com on June 4th at about 5:30pm. The site said that the stuff would ship from the factory and takes a little longer. As I recall the projected arrival date was between June 13th and June 18th. I am leaving for Utah on June 20th and I want the order to take with me. The new wheel and tire will be my emergency spare. I figured I would cross my fingers and hope it comes sooner than later. The next day after work I decided to check the status of my order and was dismayed to see that the site was projecting my order to be shipped on June 19. There was no way it would arrive in time. Late that night I sent them an email saying that I would have to cancel the order and just pay more and get it from a dealer. The next morning I called them on the phone to give them the same message. They said they would cancel the order and asked what did I want to do if it had already shipped. I said of course I would accept the order but since the projected ship date was two weeks away I didn't think that was an issue. A few hours later around noon or so I checked the status to see if the order had been canceled. To my surprise and concern, the status said the order had been shipped but made no mention of a tracking number. I'm thinking, "how can this be true"? Are they just trying to keep me on the hook thinking the order is "in the mail". My mouth just about hit the floor when a couple hours later there is a big noise at my front door. I open it and there is my wheel and tire. I just couldn't believe it. I've heard of overnight delivery before, but this must have been rocket delivery. I mean I only ordered it on the 4th and it was delivered on the 6th . Since I wrote the email late Thursday night and called on the phone Friday morning I can't imagine they could have done anything before Friday morning. That means they took action Friday morning and the stuff was at my door Friday afternoon. I would have been happy just to get it before I left on vacation. Now that is customer service. =D> \:D/
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Wed Jun 11, 2008 9:42 pm

thats awesome, I would write JCwhitney

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:18 pm

wow...I've bought stuff from them for my Jeep.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Thu Jun 12, 2008 10:03 pm

:thumbsup:
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member