rope in place of cable

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Oct 13, 2004 9:51 pm

Hey Ken,

Have you ever done the Rubicon? I noticed you live in Granite Bay.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Oct 14, 2004 1:27 am

Nope.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Oct 14, 2004 8:32 am

Nope.
At Night?
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Oct 14, 2004 4:24 pm

Nope. Is it fun?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Oct 14, 2004 10:29 pm

[Kens's quote]Nope. Is it fun?[/quote]

Dude, I know this chick..... named Miren, She's bad..... I can hook you up. She's done it at night, without lights.....

Only drawback.... you gotta go to church. I think she's related to the pope.... lol.

Lizard
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby Lizard » Sun Oct 17, 2004 10:06 pm

Ken wrote:Lizard,

You ever do the Rubicon...I just noticed you're in Pollock Pines.
Yeah, a few times... the last time I was up there was in the beginning of September. I usually ride it about once or twice a year. I enjoy it, but I'd rather Jeep it. I do most of my ATV riding in Nevada where the terrain never ends...

...until you hit a locked gate.

Lizard

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sun Oct 17, 2004 11:08 pm

...until you hit a locked gate.
I have a feeling there's a story behind this..... Sounds a bit painful.

Lizard

Postby Lizard » Sat Nov 13, 2004 5:34 pm

I've not actually hit (see crash) a gate myself, although I've come close while riding at night.

Actually I meant scouting out a hundred mile loop on a map and then when you get 80 miles into it on your way back, you find a locked gate obstructing your path(that wasn't on the map). That has actually happened a couple of times to me, the last time in September. It came down to a verbal exchange of not so friendly words (we were nice)with the land lease-holder. He had illegally locked the gate by the way. It was BLM leased land and we have the right to pass.

I don't think I'll go back that way again. The bummer is that it was a really nice ride up to that point, but not worth visiting our friend (not)again.
Rincon that's dialed in.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sat Nov 13, 2004 7:53 pm

Where in Nevada? and..... Is it as good or better than the Rubicon? Any rocks? We need scoop....

Lizard

Postby Lizard » Thu Nov 18, 2004 2:14 pm

I've been all over North Western Nevada. It's almost all BLM land and almost all open. As far as Rocks, there's no large areas that I'm familiar with. There are a lot of smaller dry creek beds that can be fun but even then alot of times they wont let you out. If you're wanting a lot of hardcore riding, It's probably not what you're looking for. The rocky areas would be too spread out to make it worth your while.
Rincon that's dialed in.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:05 pm

Interesting... Thanks. What about mines and those types of places?

Lizard

Postby Lizard » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:18 pm

Lots of mines, old mills, shacks and various "ruins". The state is covered with abandoned history.
Rincon that's dialed in.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Nov 18, 2004 3:27 pm

Ever been to PiPi Valley?.... Guess it's out near Jackson....

Lizard

Postby Lizard » Thu Nov 18, 2004 4:24 pm

Nope.
Rincon that's dialed in.

BradM

Postby BradM » Tue Nov 23, 2004 9:33 am

Lizard wrote:I've been all over North Western Nevada. It's almost all BLM land and almost all open. As far as Rocks, there's no large areas that I'm familiar with. There are a lot of smaller dry creek beds that can be fun but even then alot of times they wont let you out.

Hey Lizard! Nice to see a familiar name here as I've just registered here.

If you're wanting a lot of hardcore riding, It's probably not what you're looking for. The rocky areas would be too spread out to make it worth your while.

As I often ride in Nevada, I agree with your statement as it is quite accurate.
http://www.intrepidexplorers.org/