Product reviews...GPS mount and Handgun mount

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

Keith Strong
Is Totally Obsessed

Product reviews...GPS mount and Handgun mount

Postby Keith Strong » Wed Apr 25, 2007 9:33 pm

First one, I got the mount Larry posted in another thread for the Explorist XL. I am impressed. Ram did a great job with this and it works perfectly. I could not ask for anything to be different.

Last week I was at Sportsmans Warehouse and bought the Mad Dog Holster mount. Oddly enough, it is made by RAM jsut like the GPS mount :lol: I was very impressed. Mounted it up and was happy as can be with a $5.88 holster from Wal-Mart. Went and rode with it today with the .45 in it. At first it really struggled...gun was bouncing a lot, causeing the arm to move around in the socket. After a mile or so of tightening every 100 yards it finally seemed to find its home and stayed put pretty much thte rest of the day. All in all, 1.75 thumbs up. I think I am going to drill a hole through the mount and stick a through bolt in it, that will elliminate all movement and then it will be a full 2 thumbs up

07 Suzuki BlingQuad

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:04 am

packin'... 8)
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Keith Strong
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Keith Strong » Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:14 am

Everywhere I go.
07 Suzuki BlingQuad

cajungal64
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby cajungal64 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:22 am

Ken wrote:packin'... 8)
I think I will opt to remain way far away from Keith or bring my bulletproof vest! When he finally rolls the KQ...and it's inevitable... surrounding folks may need to take cover.... :shock:
Lori

Polaris 800 which I bum from the webmaster!!!

[i]If ya gonna run with the big dawgs, you gotta quit pissin' on the porch with the poodles![/i]

FishaHallic
Aka: Fishoil

Postby FishaHallic » Thu Apr 26, 2007 7:46 am

Is that legal? Also, is this for "just in case" or have you had any run ins of the human kind that makes you feel like you need that. Just wondering since I would like to ride in some of the areas you guys go and I need to know if I should be packin :-k .

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Apr 26, 2007 11:58 am

The only time I felt riding I should pack....was in the grassvalley/graniteville area.....a few deliverance/meth areas.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

FishaHallic

Postby FishaHallic » Fri Apr 27, 2007 4:30 pm

"boy, you gotta purty mouth" :shock:

Keith Strong
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Keith Strong » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:00 pm

It is for personal safety. Define that as you may. Meth/crack dealings, bears, snakes, etc. I will usually have my .357 with some bird shot in it. And Lori, I never keep it chambered while riding ;) Legal is a relative term based on where you are 8) Soon as I complete my CCW then it will certainly be legal.
07 Suzuki BlingQuad

FishaHallic

Postby FishaHallic » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Got it. Thanks

DAVE
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby DAVE » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:00 pm

Keith Strong wrote:It is for personal safety. Define that as you may. Meth/crack dealings, bears, snakes, etc. I will usually have my .357 with some bird shot in it. And Lori, I never keep it chambered while riding ;) Legal is a relative term based on where you are 8) Soon as I complete my CCW then it will certainly be legal.
I am all for guns and personel protection.........I personaly would not advertise that I was packin. out of site out of mine. with our law inforcement in CA the less they have to look at the less problems I set my self up for........that being said I would have no problems pulling the trigger on a bad guy........looking to harm myself or family.

8) EAT LEAD SUCKER NRA MEMBER
DAVE

Brute 750 Camo... 26'' MUDLITE XTR'S... Ramsey 3000 w/remote...eXplorist 400... Mair handguards... FlightCare Member