GPS...

What did you buy? Spill it! Was it good? Suck?

Moderator: hemingray

Keith Strong
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Keith Strong » Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:13 pm

So I am trying to figure out the difference. Far as I can tell, buying the package seperate gives you the CD, which enables you to install the software to as many units as you want. Downloading it is registered to one unit only, and requires a s/n authentication for future reloads, etc. The box is heavy, so I am guessing it has quite the user manual in there too. I was on hold with Magellan for about 15 minutes and gave up. I already spent the money, might as well keep the discs!
07 Suzuki BlingQuad

Keith Strong
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Keith Strong » Thu Feb 01, 2007 6:10 pm

Now I feel like a jackass! :lol: Opened it up and yes, I have the CD's now. Of course it says I must use the 3rd CD any time I run the program, where as for the 9 buck version it was all installed. Plus, the weight was a bunch of cardboard backing inside the box. The "Manual" I was hoping for is 3 pages long :roll: Oh well, live and learn. Anybody need a copy burned? :twisted:
07 Suzuki BlingQuad

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:12 pm

Larry needed a copy temporarily (his first copy was defective and they sent him a replacement)...and the 3rd disk didn't work burned.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:03 pm

There is a hack that will allow you to run the program without the CD in the drive. It is easy to get off the internet. MapSendNoCDPatch.zip is the name of the file.
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

oldtrucks
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby oldtrucks » Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:13 pm

The DVD that came with it should have a copy of the Topo 3D on it also. If you load it from the DVD you don't have to do the hack and it will run fine.
Larry (ATV Ansel)

Finding Beauty in Negative Spaces

[url=http://www.offroadobsession.com/store]Offroad Obsession[/url]

[url=http://www.rallyontherocks.com]Rally on the Rocks![/url]

Keith Strong
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Keith Strong » Thu Feb 15, 2007 6:22 pm

Wow I feel technologically stupid. I cant figure out how to use any of this crap. ANybody wanna come over for free beer and teach me :lol:
07 Suzuki BlingQuad