High Lakes

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

Lander
Just opened an account at Cabelas

High Lakes

Postby Lander » Tue Jan 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Today we went to the High Lakes area for our first time to ride and explore the area for camping. We started at the Tobin area, went up the switchback road until we encountered a HUGE downed tree that we could not get around. What a bummer, cuz we were enjoying the ride and the tree stopped us dead in our tracks! We are going to go back very soon for a camp weekend and will have a chainsaw on our next ride. Prior to the huge downed tree, there was a very large boulder on the road, that we were able to get around and also 2 other trees that we were able to place enough wood to get out quads up and through the 2 trees. It was a great day and I can't wait to get back to explore the area more. Always fun to find a new riding area. As we were leaving, about 5 US Forest Service SUV's drove into the area we were parked.......they were there to look at the area that they will be replanting the burned hillsides.

blm510
Is tracking a shipment right now

Re: High Lakes

Postby blm510 » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:23 pm

how much snow was there ? man you traveled a long way to not get to ride. Were you able to go to rock creek and get in there?

B

P.S. do you know sasquach he's from your area also.

B
07 Brute Force 750

Lander
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Lander » Tue Jan 17, 2012 7:45 pm

We rode only 15 miles round trip today.....not much riding.......but it was worth it. We know we can go back to camp and ride. Having big toy haulers you gotta make sure you can get in and out safely and we can at the group site at the Tobin area. We didn't go to the Rock Creek area to ride, but saw it on our way out. We'll go camping where we can explore more for the entire weekend. Today was more of a scouting trip........the 3 of us are retired so a good, get out to do something day for us! No we don't know sashquash! We've gone to 2 of the Miyagi rides where we met a lot of the great people in this atv group. Happy trails, Carrie and Loren!

auendave
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby auendave » Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:41 pm

I just love that switch back trail, it drives me crazy before I get to the top or bottom depending.
Paynes creek 2013

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:11 pm

to bad you couldnt check out the area to much, and im sure its getting hammered with snow right now so will be awhile tell most of us can make it up there.
09 can-am renegade