Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

hemingray
Certified: OBSESSED

Re: Switchback Trail Video - The last legal Ride

Postby hemingray » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:25 pm

Mr. Green wrote:just got back from my morning ride and snow + sand = fun
You are hardcore!! :shock:

I just got back from throwing more insulation on the well piping and putting on all the hose spigot freeze protectors. Left work in Sac at 55 degrees, now it's 33 degrees at 6:30 PM and falling. Nothing like Grizzly Guy's minus 10 degree forecast!

BruteForce
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby BruteForce » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:01 pm

hemingray wrote:
Mr. Green wrote:just got back from my morning ride and snow + sand = fun
You are hardcore!! :shock:

I just got back from throwing more insulation on the well piping and putting on all the hose spigot freeze protectors. Left work in Sac at 55 degrees, now it's 33 degrees at 6:30 PM and falling. Nothing like Grizzly Guy's minus 10 degree forecast!

We're sitting in white-out snow conditions, temps will be 6F for the highs and several feet of new snow. Right now, the wind is blowing sideways creating massive drifts.

I can't wait to go snow riding (and snow shoeing) on Friday!

If you have a Facebook account, here's my front yard at present (and the storm just started). The concrete in front of the white post is a 1' drop-off. The snow is now level with that step..the yard lights are also at least 1' off the ground. Now, they're almost under the snow.

We still have 6+ hours of storm before it subsides.

2013 Sportsman XP 850 (Browning Edition) FI/EPS/LE
2005 & 2008 Kawasaki Brute Force 750i

Rider has ferocious attitude!

My blog site: http://utahbruteforce.com

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Tue Nov 23, 2010 7:16 pm

Why, that positively looks like winter! We're not so familiar with hard freezes here, and never a real blizzard. Clear here now, so hope you get some sunny weather to enjoy your ride and 'shoeing!
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Ghost Rider
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby Ghost Rider » Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:03 pm

That`s what my front yard looks like also, its 9F here right now with lower temps expected in the next few hours.
2011 Sportsman 550 EPS

Front/Rear Rack Extensions, Rear Lock And Ride Box With Back Rest, Fender Extensions, Heated Grips, Winch, HID Lights, Low Lock And Ride Windshield.

GrizzlyGuy
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:23 am

More great work on part 2, Ken. =D>

I thought it was kind of neat that Kenan and Scott each had only one headlight and they were on opposite sides. The switchback shots of quads going in opposite directions were cool. Nice touch riding down some of the goat trail one-handed with the camera in the other. Flippin show off! :P

Is there any way that I can download the files that you uploaded to YouTube? If I close my browser and want to watch them again or show them to someone else, I have to sit through hours of re-download from YouTube. It would be nifty-swell to have them on my local disk.

P.S. - I got a passholder E-mail from Northstar and the subject was "A 7-Foot Thanksgiving Miracle". Yup, that's how much snow we received in the storm. They say it is the most we've gotten in November in something like 10 years. Here I am with my tracked "ATV" blowing the snow off our deck from the first round of the storm:

I wish I had a shot of the FedEx guy showing up yesterday to deliver a package. Somehow he made it up the road, but our driveway-plowing guy got stuck coming down the hill so our driveway hadn't been done yet. The FedEx guy waded down our driveway through snow that was up to his crotch. I'll bet the unionized postal workers wouldn't even think of trying that. 'Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night...' my ass. :P
TV For Thrill Seekers: http://AdventureWorld.TV
More Videos: http://GrizzlyGuy.TV
Some More Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATVGrizzlyGuy
Photos: http://www.GrizzlyGuy.com/ATVs
My quad: Grizzly 700, 25" Bighorns, Bash Plates,
Warn 2500 Winch

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:22 pm

did you at least give him a cup of coffee to warm him up lol half to admit that is deadcation lol
i bet he hates you by the way lol
06 Polaris sportsman EFI 500 H.O.
25inch maxxis big horns.

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:02 pm

GrizzlyGuy wrote:Is there any way that I can download the files that you uploaded to YouTube?
I used a Firefox Add-on called "Download Helper" - it detects the movie on the YouTube page and lets me download it as an MP4 file (which plays with QuickTime).

So, isn't there a video cam on your wheeled machine so we can see what it looks like to ride it around the deck?

Zero snow here and the low last night was a mere 27, far short of the NWS record-breaker than was expected.
Last edited by hemingray on Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:04 pm

GrizzlyGuy wrote:More great work on part 2, Ken. =D>
Thanks Eric...means a lot cause you make/made some nice videos yourself.
GrizzlyGuy wrote:I thought it was kind of neat that Kenan and Scott each had only one headlight and they were on opposite sides. The switchback shots of quads going in opposite directions were cool. Nice touch riding down some of the goat trail one-handed with the camera in the other. Flippin show off! :P
ha. That wasn't the intent....the reason was..I wanted the shot...but I filled both SD cards. :( That's funny...I noticed the lights, but didn't notice they were opposite.

I was VERY HAPPY how the switchback scene came out....show it perfectly.

GrizzlyGuy wrote:Is there any way that I can download the files that you uploaded to YouTube? If I close my browser and want to watch them again or show them to someone else, I have to sit through hours of re-download from YouTube. It would be nifty-swell to have them on my local disk.
I have no problem with you have the source files....but they both close to 1GB. If you want them...just say so and I'll figure out how to get them to you.

http://keepvid.com/

In the meantime, have you tried this site? Works great...and you can download like 6 different resolutions. Just paste in the YouTube link...and you'll get your download options.

GrizzlyGuy wrote:I wish I had a shot of the FedEx guy showing up yesterday to deliver a package. Somehow he made it up the road, but our driveway-plowing guy got stuck coming down the hill so our driveway hadn't been done yet. The FedEx guy waded down our driveway through snow that was up to his crotch. I'll bet the unionized postal workers wouldn't even think of trying that. 'Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night...' my ass. :P

That's awesome. He gets a =D> You get your own rank for that!
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

QMaze
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby QMaze » Wed Nov 24, 2010 6:57 pm

Realplayer Downloader will detect any video on a webpage and download it automatically.

GrizzlyGuy
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby GrizzlyGuy » Fri Nov 26, 2010 12:37 pm

hemingray wrote:I used a Firefox Add-on called "Download Helper" - it detects the movie on the YouTube page and lets me download it as an MP4 file (which plays with QuickTime).
Thanks, you just jogged my noodle bucket! I had a different Firefox add-on but it wasn't letting me download. I restarted FireFox and it worked! I did one more restart to do part 2 and no I've got both of them local as MP4's.
hemingray wrote:So, isn't there a video cam on your wheeled machine so we can see what it looks like to ride it around the deck?
LOL! I'll have to work on that one. It'll need to be a submersible cam since sometimes the snow is so deep that I lose sight of my machine. :shock:
TV For Thrill Seekers: http://AdventureWorld.TV
More Videos: http://GrizzlyGuy.TV
Some More Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/ATVGrizzlyGuy
Photos: http://www.GrizzlyGuy.com/ATVs
My quad: Grizzly 700, 25" Bighorns, Bash Plates,
Warn 2500 Winch

hemingray

Postby hemingray » Fri Nov 26, 2010 2:43 pm

So, if they have the robotic vacuum, Roomba - maybe we could invent Snowba, a robotic driveway and deck clearing robot?
Wherever I go, there I am

Paynes Creek 2016!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
16 Yamaha Wolverine R-Spec EPS SE
09 Yamaha Grizzly 700 FI 4x4 EPS

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:49 am

on a random snow topic..
on my way home today, i had to drive through a large storm lots of wind / rain / snow by Ashland OR theres pass over i-5 that some times has chain control...

So pull up to the chain check guy towing my toy hauler knowing im not going to like the up coming conversation (i dont have chains for my truck or the trailer lol).

"Chain's"?
ahhh.. no but i have mud / snow tires and 4wd

"Your going to need chains for your truck and trailer"
My truck as well ? i have M+S tires?
"you have to have both when towing a trailer" (i never know this..)
Chains wont even fit on my truck tires sir.. theres no room see look
"ya, that sucks"
ok well is there a way around the check point?
"hahaha ya there is but the road dosent get plowed and its worse.."

so he was nice enough to tell me how to get around him... and that tiny ass winding road had my hart pumping... 5-7 inches of snow, narrow, steep, and storming. It kicked me out about 3/4-1 mile below the summit but past chain control, i-5 was bad enough most the big rigs where stuck and waiting for the tow truck / tractor to give a bump / tow them up the hill.
Ive had to go around the chain control guys a few times up by my home town but i know the ways already.
Who know all you had to do was ask the guys that are there for your safety to find the un-safe way :lol:
09 can-am renegade

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:16 am

BruteForce wrote:
Ken wrote: Who rode the ATV backward into the bed of that itsy bitsy F150? I didn't see a headache rack. I was waiting for the window to shatter.
thats me, and ive thought of getting a headache rack...
EigerMike wrote: as i was watching it seems brian gains at least 2in when going from a seated to a standing position!!!! :lol: :lol:
ahh i just keep my suspension real soft.... :roll:
i really do but im sure thats not the only reason..
09 can-am renegade

ATV'er
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby ATV'er » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:55 am

Was at costco yesterday they had the gopro for $169.95.
KI6MLH

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:21 am

hD?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/