Chappie

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Chappie

Postby Mr. Green » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:11 pm

Went for my maiden run to chappie ohv area spent 3 days riding the area. I was only able to see about 50-60% of the area since some roads where snowed in to bad for me.

this was my first day, first run

shortly after the first pic i was heading back to camp and rolled my atv upside down. I did not take any pics of it since i was in a hurry to get it up quickly. However i was lucky and only my shift lever broke. The sad thing is it was on a easy down hill area i was just thinking of something else and my front tire hit a dirt burm and ripped the handle bars out of my hands and highsided my self.

(that plastic piece is broken (its the under side of my air box)

Then i could not get any electrical on my bike, so i look at the fuse's, battery etc.. so for 30 min im taking plastics off tracing wire's etc.. Then a lighting bolt hits me... im retarded, when i rolled over the bike was on so i hit the kill switch (i never use it i like the key) so 30 min later and all my plastics are back on im ready to make it back to camp with my ego deflated slightly.

2cnd day some quick patch jobs
i used duck tape for the holes ripped in my airbox (love the duck)

i take it easy and do some scenic riding.

day 3 i head back to the black diamond's and take some more scenic pics..

i decide to buy some over fenders...

ye old camp site

Over all the area i saw had it all mild to wild, mostly mild though. There was 2 trials i turned back on. I almost made it all the way on both but the last 1/4 mile was getting to ruff for me by my self. I thought i could make it up them but both where 25 or so miles from camp getting dark etc.. and i was alone so i passed.
09 can-am renegade

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:21 pm

cant belive i have not been there yet.great looking pics and glad your ok.really like that waterfall pic!!!! you need to come with us so you dont have to ride alone! :wink:

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:37 pm

i was trying to go to stonyford, got there about 11pm and stopped by the ranger station to grab a map (they keep some outside) and saw a notice that all OHV trails where closed for 2 weeks grr.... so i drove up to chappie. Ill be going back to chappie for sure but so far stonyford is still better in my mind. Id love to meet up for a ride, seems you guys like the snow im not a huge fan of it on my quad so far. I took my quad out on 8-9 feet of snow on a groomed trail a few weeks ago, and got stuck bad (5 hours). Id try it agian but only if theres some other people that i can hook up to winch to. Im cursed when it comes to snow though, i always seem to get stuck and stuck bad. I spent 2 days in my truck before following some tracks over some snow drifts trying to get to bowman lake, after i had buried the truck to the frame and got out i realized there where snowcat tracks id been following. Of course i was fully pre-paired for the situation with my flip flops and board shorts and a frisbee for a shovel.
09 can-am renegade

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby ACLakey » Sat Feb 20, 2010 7:24 am

That is a fun riding area, we make the treck down there about once a year. Put a winch on the front of that Renegade. :)

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 9:31 am

i have rode there many times those water fallst are snow fun off in the summer time there nasty wash outs.

there is a nice spring at the base of the moutain down the main road.
the water is low right now that is strange usaly all those islands are under water.
06 Polaris sportsman EFI 500 H.O.
25inch maxxis big horns.

ontherks
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby ontherks » Sat Feb 20, 2010 3:43 pm

Mr. Green wrote: I spent 2 days in my truck before following some tracks over some snow drifts trying to get to bowman lake
LOL Maybe you should of paid more attention to the sign by fuller lake. It states the road is closed in the winter to wheeled vehicals.
'14 XP4 1k

auendave
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby auendave » Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:34 pm

nice pic, sorry about the roll over and dont feel too bad about the switch , my wife and I were ridding we came back to camp, ate lunch got back on the quads and hers would not start, I tried for about an hour couldn't figure it out :? so home we went the next day I', trying to figure it out again and i think :idea: about the switch, she must of bumped it when she turned the thing off, boy diid I feel dumb. :oops: learn something new every day. :D

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:19 pm

auendave wrote:nice pic, sorry about the roll over and dont feel too bad about the switch , my wife and I were ridding we came back to camp, ate lunch got back on the quads and hers would not start, I tried for about an hour couldn't figure it out :? so home we went the next day I', trying to figure it out again and i think :idea: about the switch, she must of bumped it when she turned the thing off, boy diid I feel dumb. :oops: learn something new every day. :D
ya that switch can make you feel feel like riding the short bus if it tricks you.

I also think i got out of a roll over very, very cheap, not just for damage done to the quad but the lack of damage to me. I have to say i did use my lighting quick reflex's to help save my butt. All joking a side it could have gone much worse then just a deflated ego and some scraped knees.

and ontherks for the bowman gate it was open and most the snow was gone but there where huge drifts in the shadows on the road that i had thought other trucks / jeeps had been through and packed down / broke a trail, but i was wrong...
09 can-am renegade

Mr. Green
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Mr. Green » Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:21 pm

ACLakey wrote:That is a fun riding area, we make the treck down there about once a year. Put a winch on the front of that Renegade. :)
i did its in there but its hiden 8)
09 can-am renegade

QMaze
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby QMaze » Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:21 am

Woah, what a beautiful area, I would love to have a cabin in that area.

Thanks for sharing.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:10 am

QMaze wrote:Woah, what a beautiful area, I would love to have a cabin in that area.

Thanks for sharing.
Q....

I was over on ATV Time...and I saw you on there. I rarely go there anymore....but, someone sent me a PM...so I read a few posts.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/