06-06-09 Chase Mnt Ride

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

ACLakey
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

06-06-09 Chase Mnt Ride

Postby ACLakey » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:14 pm

I took a small group of riders for a 22mi loop around Chase Mnt. We were going to go to the summit, but it was freezing fog on top so we decided to get lower and warm back up.

A stop along the route where we found some HUGE bear tracks.

We had to stop for a while and pop a tire back on the bead....my boss still has not figured out to stay away from the rocks.

Grabbing a little lunch

All in all it was a great ride. I did have a chance to test out my new DeLorme PN-40 gps unit and I must say I am very impressed. My ATV mount has not shown up yet so I had the unit wrapped in a rag and in the front fender storage container on the Grizz. It never lost lock and actually tracked better than my older unit on my bars. Here is a map of our tracks and the associated profile produced in Topo 8 which came with the unit.

The squiggly blue line is our speed.

I will compile a review soon and compare it to the Garmin 60csx and others soon. So far I am EXTREMELY IMPRESSED.

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:34 pm

nice pics!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

hellcat650

Postby hellcat650 » Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:13 pm

I am asking Santa for a PN-40 :D
Dave x^3 (cubed)
07 Artic Cat TRV 650H1
2.5 warn winch
26" Bighorns
3.25 qts oil

ACLakey

Postby ACLakey » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:24 am

Buy it now with the prices that are going around!!!

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... d=10759794

Mine came with the latest firmware and Topo 8 software(not Topo 7 shown). The manufacture date was less than a month old so they are not closing out their old stuff.

I have had Garmins(Emap, III, Etrex Vista and Legend, 60csx and several Magellan's) but so far this DeLorme takes the cake. Good antenna(the 60csx may have a slight edge in the really nasty stuff) Great paperless geocaching mode, ability to download aerial images, quad maps, noaa nautical charts, sat images ect. which the others does not have. the PN-40 has dual processors, on for the GPS and another to process the basemaps. This makes it very responsive. I really like this unit and will post more about it soon.