PISMO with 70mph winds.

Now post your ride photos

Moderator: hemingray

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

PISMO with 70mph winds.

Postby roon101 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:49 am

the drive was great the loading was intersting on the road by 10:am
and no one wanted to wait we ready to roll for a good weekand on the beach so we thought!
2 trucks trailers and 9quads.
Great sun set! day one of arrivle.
kids track that myself and another guy made with some shovles
day 2 we had to walk around with our helments and goggles on just to tollrate the wind and sand in every thing including tents and food
the girls spent almost the hole day in my truck out of the wind complaining the wind died off at 830.
this poor guy didn't show up till 5am on day 2 and left at 4pm the same day
the camp fire.

my wife said she will try one more time but if it is the same then i can forget taking her to pismo lol my cousin said she will never go back
you never say never is what i say lol haha! i didn't get a chance to take pictures of the dunes because of the wind was destroying every thing
and my wife woudln't let me take her new camrea out there.
06 Polaris sportsman EFI 500 H.O.
25inch maxxis big horns.

EigerMike
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby EigerMike » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:00 pm

well at least you got to ride :D never been a big fan of the sand its gets into everthing and you will allways be cleaning it up! hope you had some fun!
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

MrBill

Postby MrBill » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:07 pm

Well another nice day at the central coast :wink:
Most of the times I have been there.. on shore wind at about 40MPH in the afternoons.
Never had 70MPH
I'll bet everyone’s rims and tires are a nice dull clean :shock: Right?
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

shootinmanbwh
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby shootinmanbwh » Mon Apr 27, 2009 5:52 pm

that is the exact reason i dont go to pismo. It has been like that the last few times I have been there. Sorry for your wasted windy trip bro.
2008 Brute force 750

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:50 pm

it wasn't all bad i liked the dunes but i agree with mike the sand is in everything!

i would say every one should ride the dunes at least once to see what they think i will say if you air down big horns they will climb the tallest dunes you can find better then paddles one of the other guys had a yahmha raptor 450 with paddles and i could climb stuff in 2wd that he couldn't make it to the top of

but if you air up the big horns then sink like rocks in the water!

i ran 1psi in my rear tires and had no problems shooting up the sand dunes even starting out pretty much at the base of the hills

i did make most of the money i spent pulling people out of the sand with my truck. i didn't ask for the cash they offerd and wouldn't take no for an answer. so i am happy about that i will go back one time i hear november is the the time to go!
25inch maxxis big horns.

traildad
Knows UPS driver on a 1st name basis

Postby traildad » Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:42 pm

roon101 wrote:it wasn't all bad i liked the dunes but i agree with mike the sand is in everything!

i would say every one should ride the dunes at least once to see what they think i will say if you air down big horns they will climb the tallest dunes you can find better then paddles one of the other guys had a yahmha raptor 450 with paddles and i could climb stuff in 2wd that he couldn't make it to the top of
If you want some sand check out Scott and Judy's ride to Brady's Hot Springs. They got their own private sand dune. My photos are lousy of the sand but I did get a few. We had a blast and it is big enough to have a ton of fun. Plus you can check out the jet crash site. The photos do NOT do the sand dunes justice. There is a lot I didn't get photos of.

05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Mine
05 Yamaha Kodiak 450, Wife's
We love to go Trail Riding and "ATV Backpacking"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:32 am

It's windy often...I used to go to Pismo with my uncle every year back in the 70's.

We went I think in 1974 and 1975. Back then...you could ride on 20,000+ acres...I think it's only rideable on 2500 acres now. Very sad.

You used to be able to drive down the beach...ALL the way to the end...miles. At the end was a MONSTER HILL CLIMB called Devil's Hill or something like that. Without paddle tires...my uncle couldn't make it in his Bronco....with Paddle tires the next year...he could.

70MPH winds are not the norm.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:53 pm

yea one of the girls that went with us said that in november they where in badthingsuites and having a blast

i was having a great time with my kids but with all the girls complaining
it sound some like this

nag nag nag nag nag nag nag! so finally we gave in and said pack up and head home.

i want next time to have longer to ride.
25inch maxxis big horns.

EigerMike

Postby EigerMike » Tue Apr 28, 2009 7:07 pm

( badthingsuites) i started laughing and coughing so bad that i lost all my air and got really dizzy! now im afraid to read any farther :lol: :lol:

not trying to start a spelling thread,just thought it was funny! :lol:
South Side Keeper

Paynes Creek 2017

roon101
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby roon101 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:24 am

it is ok mike kendo has pointed out many times that i can't spell for shit it is fine with i dont' care to tell you the truth

yea i just read that too and now i am laughing it is hard to type.
25inch maxxis big horns.

Kendo
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Kendo » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:11 am

EigerMike wrote:( badthingsuites) i started laughing and coughing so bad that i lost all my air and got really dizzy! now im afraid to read any farther :lol: :lol:

not trying to start a spelling thread,just thought it was funny! :lol:
He does come up with some dusies, but I think that one takes the cake!! LMAO

Sometimes I have difficulty understanding WTF he's trying to say. He calims he's typing on his iPhone, but I don't buy it. :lol:
'15 Can Am Maverick XRS DPS

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Apr 29, 2009 9:28 am

Kendo wrote:Sometimes I have difficulty understanding WTF he's trying to say. He calims he's typing on his iPhone, but I don't buy it. :lol:
iPhone has a word predictor. I think AJ blows right through it.....X that real word out...and insert my own!
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/