ORegon Trail(s) har...har..

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:19 pm

A 2/1 in Stockton about 1200 sq. ft. is valued at roughly 220k. Some of the smaller towns are even cheaper. The closer you get to the water and/or foothills the more expensive. Some deals out there depending on your ability to fix up the place.

I've got Dusty's girlfriend working the street corner for additional income.... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 3:22 pm

Thrasher,

BTW - You can move in With Chad and Dusty if you don't mind all the sheep.... Daaaadddddy...... lol....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Fri Jun 11, 2004 4:27 pm

I only have eyes for ewe!

What part of the state you talking about? I don't know the locations of many of these cities unless I bust out a map.

Maybe I ought to look into it a little more to see what I may get myself into here...sounds like trouble...which is always fun!

What are temps this time of year? Climate! I gotta have mild climate! the cooler it is the more I go out and do stuff (well, except out on the boat when it's cold). Gimme 80's! Hell, taunt me!

It was 91 today, it felt like 98 according to the local news...who wants to go do anything in that besides sweat?
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:01 pm

I don't know... Sometimes it gets awfully hot around here.... I've seen it as high as 111 in Sacramento (worse case). The temp is a little milder as you go up into the foothills or by the beach. All in all.... avg temps are between 80 and 95 during the summer months.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Fri Jun 11, 2004 5:53 pm

hrrm....sounds like here...what are night temps like? tolerable enuff to go camping ? or does the heat linger all night? here it lingers and the air gets 'heavy' way humid, no breeze, it makes for a miserable night out campin...I wont camp from late April 'till October when it starts to cool down again.
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Jun 12, 2004 5:47 pm

Sacramento Area:

Summer: Avg is in the 90's during the day and 70's at night.
Winter: 60/50's during the day 40/30's during the night. Snow falls about 20 minutes up the road from my house. I'm at the bottom of the foothills.

It's NOTHING like Florida. Remember...100 in California...and it's 10% humidity.

Evenings are pleasant. 70's.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Sun Jun 13, 2004 6:35 pm

thats a huge difference too, I was in arizona hidin out in the desert a few years ago and while it was blazing hot, it was totally toerable...it's the 90% humidity we have thats a killer...

ok i was in the desert for only a few hours..w000...

I was working in the shed/garage today to take off the CV joint..probably in there 20 min working on it and i was ringing wet with sweat..it's insane

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:02 am

Arizona sucks. I was there for work in August in 2002 to see Scott (rider page) play with Judas Priest. We left the venue, and went to an after party at a record studio. (I beat Ian Hill at pool..) I left the studio at 4:30AM (I had a work meeting at 8am..ouch).

At 4:30am....It was still 98 FUCKING DEGREES!!!
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Living in california

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Jun 14, 2004 5:31 am

I think that there are just to many good things in california to move for me personally. I love it. I have water skiing, hiking and ATVing all within a close distance of me.

Of course there is always mud to get you stuck, I know from when I was 4x4ing a few months ago, hit some of this clay mud we have here and sunk half my truck into the clay mud. It acted like a suction cup and locked me in. Had to have a tow truck pull me out by attaching a cable and driving away from me down a hill and yanking me out, or more of jerking me out. . . So other than heavy mud, I love it here. I know that the price of houses are not so much where I live. I got a house for 250 for .5 acrs 2000 sq feet, but that price now has jumped to about 340 or so.

You can wlasy go to the town next door to me, where the women are hard to tell apart from teh men and the sheep are always scared. . . (Just ask tery, he has a ferquent visitors card)
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Jun 14, 2004 9:13 am

I'm impressed... Honda_Man You CAN read.... Dude, get your boat? [/b]

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Boat time

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Jun 14, 2004 10:49 am

Iget my boat on friday, or pick it up. We will see when I can get out. Sat have a bachelor party for my younger brother up in clearlake so hope to get out there then.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:16 am

Boat.... bachelor party. Plz, be careful bud..... cuz, I wanna watch you DIE on the trail.

Seriously, be careful......

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Weekend

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Jun 14, 2004 11:23 am

this is going to a be a low key bachleor party. My younger brother does not want any stippers or anything like that at it, so we are just going to golf in the day and then come home, have some good Porl spare ribs and have a little poker tourney. I am not planning on doing poker though as I think that I will just make all these younger college students to poor. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

QMaze
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby QMaze » Thu Jan 20, 2005 7:55 pm

Good luck Thrasher. I just moved from southern British Columbia to southern Ontario. Big expense and also in the IT industry. Make sure you have certifications, they are big on that now. I got tired of 25 years in the rain and no real nice climate, highly recommend my last area to ducks. Beautiful mountains , skiing (Whistler) , outdoors but hoping for better opportunities here.

GL 8)

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Jan 20, 2005 8:23 pm

A 2/1 in Stockton about 1200 sq. ft. is valued at roughly 220k.
I posted the above in June 04... Same house today is 310k... lol