ORegon Trail(s) har...har..

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

ORegon Trail(s) har...har..

Postby Thrasher » Sun Jun 06, 2004 6:14 pm

Possibly will be relocaing from florida to the Roseburg, OR area.
how is the riding up that way? anyone know?

i'm probably in for a world of shock coming from florida aren't i?
I'm so done with this heat..
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:42 am

Oregon WILL ROCK.

You will love it.....for ATV riding.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Oregon Rain

Postby MrPolaris » Wed Jun 09, 2004 9:19 am

the only problem with going up that way, as green as it is and as nice as it it, there is a reason that it is so green. . . IT RAINS. . . cold wise it does get a little colder, but you do have 4 seasons which is much different than that florida weather.
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:34 pm

True...way more rain. But from an ATV perspective....Oregon will dominate Florida.

You'll actually climb mountains!!
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Less of other things too

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:38 am

Besides getting to do a differnt type of ATVing he will not have to be around so many rickety blue hairs. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:54 am

blue hairs....haha...u know it!

we actually call em Q-tips

this soudns way intersting, I havent decided where i may goto yet, all depends on job offers..
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jun 10, 2004 9:36 am

LOL...Q-tips.

Oregon is still affordable. California is not.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Q-Tip cleaner

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:57 am

What is it that you do thrasher? Oregone I heard is getting some tech companies moving up that direction. I know that HP is up there, or you could go more north to Washington as they have a lot up there. Nike, Intel, Washington Mutual. . . Learn Peoplesoft and you can go up there and make some fat bank. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:41 am

I currently do computer help desk/desktop/some server support at a local hospital, software/hardware/networking, a nice mix of all...it's something i've done as a kid and i am 35 now :)
i make decent money , and i've been here almost 9 years, looking to expand my horizons and relocate for something new..

getting ready to go thru a divorce, i figure heading out of state would be good for starting over again. the NW seems really cool,i've lived down here 25 years...it's all i really know.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Where to go

Postby MrPolaris » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:15 pm

I have been traveling now for nearly 3 years monday through friday and I have seen a few parts of the country and over seas. In all my travels I can say that I love california and keep coming back there. Texas was way to flat and boring, North east region, New York and Boston areas were to cold in the winter and the people are not always "nice". Oklahoma, well just the location should tell you why not to live there. Over seas were good but do not think that is an option. It just leave California. It is expenseive i wll give you that, but there is a reason. . where else can you go ATV riding just miles from your house. . . all within 45 minutes of me there is Snow Skiing, waterskiing, Mounain biking, ATV riding, White water rafting, you name it, there is lots to do. . .

Just some of my own thoughts. . . you ever come out our way we will have to show you around. . . Sorry to hear about the divorce, never fun. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:40 pm

heh, while the thought of California sounds enticing, i'm not going anywhere unless I can find something first with some loot.
The scariest part is uprooting everything i know and transplanting down someplace not knowing a single soul...so i'm not rushing to move ..yet.

i'm worried about the cost of living and jobs in CA, I have to reckon people who do what I do are a dime a dozen out there...i
've tossed in my resume on monster.com, have had several hits on it, but no bites..but I also have only Oregon on there right now...i probably need to work on it a little more too....bleh..I havent done that in ages..

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:05 pm

Sounds like you have lots on your plate and some tough decisions to make... CA is cool (a little pricy). OR is nice depending on the location.

I've been in CA a long time. Lived from San Diego to Sacramanto. If you enjoy the outdoors, anywhere on or above the central valley CA is a worthwhile endevor on up to and including WA. Just remember the further north the more rain.... Stay away from Auburn..... Here there's lot's of GAY fella's living out that way. I can think of 2...

Won't mention any names (Dusty, Chad)..... But they drive Honda's.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Jun 10, 2004 4:34 pm

real tough ones...but it'll be interesting in the end to see what happens :)

I dig the outdoors, and i'm sick of looking at flat land, and florida is FLAT! I want some view and a serious break from the heat! gimme 40's-80's any day! (awesome riding weather too, granted we don't get too many day's in the 40's.)

Rain would be a bummer, I can deal with rain in moderation (we get daily showers in summer, but they last 1-2 hours and gone), but weeks on end would suck! I've never really looked into the California option, is the whole state crazy expensive?

I've looked at some maps of official riding places in California, seems the be ridin heaven out there! sand and mud gets old. The best place legal statewide here is Ocala , but this time of year it's unbearable all over the state!(low-mid 90's!!). I think florida has a total of 4 legal spots to ride, doesn't that just suck?

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:24 am

Expensive is a relative term in CA. I have to ask.... What do you consider expensive? Where Ken lives a 4000 sq ft. house is about 800k to a million. I live an hour south of Ken and that same house would cost you about 550k. Go to the bay area where Jack and Larry live (half moon bay) and a 1400 sq ft house would cost you about 550k. Do you like to water-ski? Here's my take... If you live in the central valley your two to three hours from anywhere... Monterey, Yosemite, San Francisco, Napa, Tahoe, the ocean... where we quad. Again, it's all relative.... I can be water-skiing after work in about 20 minutes. I live in Stockton near the Delta.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Fri Jun 11, 2004 11:00 am

Well, I am surrounded by water here, Pinellas county here is a penninsula, 5-15min E/W/S i am in the water...and u know, I've never jet skied before....go figure, my buddy i ride with has one tho, he sez it's basically an atv on the water...cool!

So being a millionaire is a requirement to live in CA? J/K! my house, 1500SQF was 90k in 99, up to 145k now..sheesh...550k..I can't imagine..i wonder how much it'll cost a month to setup a spot in someones spare closet, an old fridge? It may be affordable then....sheesh..I had no idea!
I have to assume the pay scales are all relevant to the cost of living? I would have to hope so..