ORegon Trail(s) har...har..

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:07 pm

I'd marry her.... She'll never know what your really up too.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:30 pm

While on a tech support call (I used to support 120 HR Generalists)....I asked him "use the scroll bar to show the bottom of the screen."

This HR Manager, said "What's the scroll bar?"
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

QMaze
Is tracking a shipment right now

Postby QMaze » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:32 pm

Ken wrote:While on a tech support call (I used to support 120 HR Generalists)....I asked him "use the scroll bar to show the bottom of the screen."

This HR Manager, said "What's the scroll bar?"
lol

:D

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Mon Jan 24, 2005 5:55 pm

I forgot to mention one... The user who wanted her PC moved (so I set it up for the next day)... and as expected she did it on her own. Called saying I have no power.... Three plugs into a power strip (that's it, that's all she had to do).

PC, monitor and speaker power cords.... Only to determine she plugged the power strip into the power strip. Can you say.... Dweeb. It's like she pulled a "KEN". lol....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Tue Jan 25, 2005 4:54 am

how many of u guys get this.

they call the monitor the computer and the actual computer a hard drive.

"my hard drive keeps making a beeping noise" "my computer is looking funny, the colors are all messed up"

I also love the ones who insist on a new keyboard and mouse because the ones they have keep locking up the computer...while it could not possibly be a misbehaving app or spyware/virus on the box.

or the idiots who u give laptops too who kill batteries in 90 days flat because they keep them plugged in all the time, only to unplug for less than 5 min to run on battery power to plug them back in, and do it 25 times a day! ...whoever sez Lithium Ion batters don't buid up a memory...I call B.S.!

what a bunch of idiots.
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

QMaze

Postby QMaze » Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:44 am

Thrasher wrote:
or the idiots who u give laptops too who kill batteries in 90 days flat because they keep them plugged in all the time, only to unplug for less than 5 min to run on battery power to plug them back in, and do it 25 times a day! ...whoever sez Lithium Ion batters don't buid up a memory...I call B.S.!
Little tip for some of those lithiums. Throw them in the freezer, then completely thaw them, 90% of them are just like new. Have done it lots of times with camera batteries and the odd laptop, worked great.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:27 pm

Killer tip....

I should move this offtopic....but, I had buy a new 18V battery for my Dewalt...of course, grabbed my ankles. Those are Ni-Cad, and if you leave 'em on the charger.....they go bad....sucks...considering they're 80 bucks.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:45 pm

Throw them in the freezer, then completely thaw them, 90% of them are just like new. Have done it lots of times with camera batteries and the odd laptop, worked great.
Dude, the battery works great.... However, after the laptop thawed out it stopped working... lol.

Now honestly, doesn't that sound like something you'd get a call on from a user? lol.....

QMaze

Postby QMaze » Sun Jan 30, 2005 3:36 pm

Mr. Miyagi wrote:
Now honestly, doesn't that sound like something you'd get a call on from a user? lol.....
No friggin shit, that would be something a user would do if you told them.
lol

Thrasher
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Thrasher » Thu Feb 03, 2005 5:04 pm

ever tell a user they have an Id-10-T error?
2003 Polaris Sportsman 600 Twin, w/Warn 2500# winch, k&n filter, handguards, Kimpex Deluxe seat/storage, Kimpex front box, WayBackRacks fuel rack. Mud Lites, Mud chunks, a lil tin can :D

[img]http://www.tampagasprices.com/gb/Tampagasbuddy.gif[/img]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Feb 03, 2005 7:59 pm

OH YES.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director