Cool Trails...

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Cool Trails...

Postby Quadgoddess » Fri Sep 30, 2005 4:55 pm

I went riding yesterday :D ... and we went to a pretty cool trail...

http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/eldorado/recrea ... /goldnote/
It was very easy going....but none the less very cool... :D

The weather was perfect...nice and cool in the forest...noticed some cool wild turkeys and lots of ravens/crows, a present left behind by a rather large animal...man or beast?...not sure...oh, ya....pine cones the size of a freakin' football :shock: ...lol

A quad with IRS will be in my future plans :wink: ... :D
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:35 pm

Cool.

You were very close to this..

http://www.atvobsession.com/pictures/pi ... /index.htm
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

regor
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby regor » Sat Oct 01, 2005 6:21 pm

You were at my homeground. It's 1hr 10 minutes from home. Closest place for me to ride. It's kind of crowded on weekends, and dusty as hell. When the rain and snow come, it's alot of fun. If you do a little exploring, and map reading it's possible to do 50 mile loops, over great trails. with a place to take a swim in the middle. You can get all the way to silver lake via bear river resovoir, or go the other way over to mormon immigrant trail.
05 king quad
o4 eiger
08 can am 650 max xt

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:14 pm

If you do a little exploring, and map reading it's possible to do 50 mile loops, over great trails. with a place to take a swim in the middle. You can get all the way to silver lake via bear river resovoir, or go the other way over to mormon immigrant trail.
That's a great ride...... Silver lake to Bear River. and... the full loop on 33 at PiPi is a very mello ride (unless your hauling ass or doing all the off shoots)..... :D
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:46 am

regor wrote:You were at my homeground. It's 1hr 10 minutes from home. Closest place for me to ride. It's kind of crowded on weekends, and dusty as hell. When the rain and snow come, it's alot of fun. If you do a little exploring, and map reading it's possible to do 50 mile loops, over great trails. with a place to take a swim in the middle. You can get all the way to silver lake via bear river resovoir, or go the other way over to mormon immigrant trail.

Hey regor...I bet it does get crowded on the weekends....there wasn't a soul in sight the day we went....which was nice....I searched some info on silver lake...that looks like a nice area as well...can't wait to go back and do some more exploring around there! :D

MrBill
Certified: OBSESSED

Postby MrBill » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:47 pm

QG if you went up 88 to get there, you turned on to Omo ranch road and the riding was a left turn you were very close to my old house. Just keep going down Omo till you hit Slug Gulch road turn right and about 2 miles down you will hit winerys. Cool place to live but if you get hurt it is a long wait for help. You get to ride every day, rain, snow, and sunny days.
Out there the Law will leave you along as long as you weren't hurting anything.
04 500 HO SP w/ the RZR bling rims/tires and 2 03 Bomber GTX DI

regor
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby regor » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:23 pm

Hey qg, i was up at bear river res. on fri., with 2 riding buddies. It's a great ride, your on top of the world up there. Mr bill, i've been down slug gulch road, i couldn't believe how many homes were down there. We really need some rain, the dust is still bad up there. Not quite as bad up top, as you get a breeze that blows it off fast. Qg, try the bear river ride. you'll love it. Just take the bear river road off of 88, go around the lake. When you come to an intersection that says no quads past this point, take the left. Start looking for a sign that says squaw ridge, the turn is to the right, going uphill. You can unload anywhere along there, there is a wide spot just up the road form the right turn. Theres a big boulder in the middle of the right turn. Have a blast...............
05 king quad
o4 eiger
08 can am 650 max xt

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:57 pm

MrBill wrote:Cool place to live but if you get hurt it is a long wait for help. You get to ride every day, rain, snow, and sunny days.
I bet it is a cool place to live....I love the drive out there....that's my goal eventually, to live some place like that....reminds me alot of Maine...if it wasn't so darn cold in Maine I would have moved there without a thought...... :)

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Mon Oct 10, 2005 7:01 pm

regor wrote:Hey qg, i was up at bear river res. on fri., with 2 riding buddies. It's a great ride, your on top of the world up there. Mr bill, i've been down slug gulch road, i couldn't believe how many homes were down there. We really need some rain, the dust is still bad up there. Not quite as bad up top, as you get a breeze that blows it off fast. Qg, try the bear river ride. you'll love it. Just take the bear river road off of 88, go around the lake. When you come to an intersection that says no quads past this point, take the left. Start looking for a sign that says squaw ridge, the turn is to the right, going uphill. You can unload anywhere along there, there is a wide spot just up the road form the right turn. Theres a big boulder in the middle of the right turn. Have a blast...............

Sounds like you had a good time....I'd love to check it out...but before I start exploring places I need more "experience"...I have to stick to the flat stuff and gain some confidence dealing with different situations....and... get an IRS quad.... :)

regor54
Just realized teal ATV clothes are lame

Postby regor54 » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:07 pm

You lived in maine ? I lived in limestone for 18 months, back in 76-77. Wished i would have had a quad then. Those days i'm sure everything was wide open. You coiuld have rode for months, without ever riding on the same trail. You're right the winters were tough, especially for a cal. guy who had never driven in,or shoveled snow!!!!!!!!

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Mon Dec 12, 2005 5:06 pm

regor54 wrote:You lived in maine ? I lived in limestone for 18 months, back in 76-77. Wished i would have had a quad then. Those days i'm sure everything was wide open. You coiuld have rode for months, without ever riding on the same trail. You're right the winters were tough, especially for a cal. guy who had never driven in,or shoveled snow!!!!!!!!
I'm originally from Cleveland, Ohio...I only lived in Maine during the summers, as a kid @ Sebago Lake....my Mom was from Cape Elizabeth, Maine. It was so beautiful there. All the pine trees and beautiful areas.

The only thing that stopped me from moving there is the wicked winters!
Heck, even Cleveland is getting blasted with snow and cold, as they do every year!...I think the other day it was 21 degrees :shock: , and friends have told me that there is up to 2 feet of snow already!

I think I will deal with the 30+ degree nights here.... :wink: