granitville

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

regor
Just opened an account at Cabelas

granitville

Postby regor » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:45 am

I saw your pictures on your graniteville ride. Have you ever tried the trail down to the river? I use to hike down it, the fishing was great. I remember it was a steep mother.
05 king quad
o4 eiger
08 can am 650 max xt

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Thu Jun 02, 2005 11:05 am

No...didn't know it existed. When you go through "town" is it to your left or right??? At the beginning or end of town?
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

regor
Just opened an account at Cabelas

Postby regor » Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:56 pm

When you get to the cemetery, you'll see a road to the left. You take that, the road forks twice, stay to the middle, i don't know where the fork that goes down ends up at. The road in the middle will end, you see a bunch of manzanita with a big log, go over the log the trail starts there. We used to hike it down, it was a mother coming out.
05 king quad
o4 eiger
08 can am 650 max xt

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Sat Jun 04, 2005 12:32 am

Hey thanks...

We've been to Graniteville a few times....but as you can see in the pictures....there was snow. The last time Terry and I were there, we hit the last house....and suddenly there was like 5 feet of snow..with no tracks....so we sank...and turned around. We met a cool guy, who lives across from the phone booth (an anomoly in and of its self there) and he was really cool. He'd been living there...since 1959. And the house at the end, that we turned around at...was his brother.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

traxman
Wears Teal Eddie Bauer clothes

Postby traxman » Thu Aug 11, 2005 1:45 pm

I road through graniteville last friday after reading this post. It's a cool little town. Everyone seemed to be doing some kind of building additions to theirs homes there...

I stopped at the phone booth and made a couple of calls just for fun. And I saw the guy that lives across from it as well. His dog didn't like me at all.

he he he

traxman

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Fri Aug 12, 2005 2:47 am

LOL...

Funny...I never been in Graniteville....without snow.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Fri Aug 12, 2005 9:07 am

We've never made it to the lake either.....
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.