Rent-A-Quad.....

Talk about Trails. Got a good one? We want to know!

Moderator: hemingray

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Tue Mar 15, 2005 3:01 pm

Quadgoddess wrote:I am planning a vacation for the end of June/July for at least 10 days....
Moving? If I like it....I'm staying....lol I think as soon as I see the ocean, the mountains and the land of Ansel Adams..... I'll be hooked.....

Might as well plan the move now....

If you need help on where to go..etc...Just post or email....Terry and I both lived in the Bay Area near San Francisco for years and now live closer to the Sierra's. Terry grew up in LA and I've worked there for most of the last 18 months...so we both can help there too. Though LA is fun and exciting to visit....but the traffic takes it all back.
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director
http://www.rubicontrail.org/

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Tue Mar 15, 2005 9:08 pm

Ken wrote:If you need help on where to go..etc...Just post or email....Terry and I both lived in the Bay Area near San Francisco for years and now live closer to the Sierra's. Terry grew up in LA and I've worked there for most of the last 18 months...so we both can help there too. Though LA is fun and exciting to visit....but the traffic takes it all back.
Thank you...I appreciate the offer for help.
I'm sure I'll have lots of questions. Nothing is set in stone just yet as far as my vaca goes. I have been looking at attractions in the San Francisco area to check out. And I also want to check out places to go quadding and cycling. My list is endless at this point...typical tourist....lol....the ocean, wineries and some of the artsy stuff too....... I've heard San Francisco is a good place for that stuff.......I'll do some more homework and hit you guys up for suggestions...

This has been edited for fear of being dumped in the pot.... lol......:shock:
Last edited by Quadgoddess on Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:53 am, edited 2 times in total.
[url=http://carolann63.smugmug.com/]~My Pix~[/url]

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 16, 2005 12:05 am

First rule.....YOU DO NOT CALL IT CISCO or FRISCO. Nobody..I mean NOBODY calls San Francisco, Frisco or Cisco. You'll get scowls and taxi drivers will dump you off in the Potrero.

Anywhere within 200 miles...and if you say "The City"...they'll know it's San Francisco.

Born and raised 30 miles south of San Francisco and worked downtown in the Financial district for 3 years.

Been to Alcatraz? No
Walked across Golden Gate Bridge? No
Lombard Street? Once, when I was 18
Bought Crab in Fisherman's Wharf? No
Seen San Francisco Symphony? No
Opera? No
Maritime Museum? Once

500 miles from Los Angeles

Been to Disneyland? at least 20 times
Knotts Berry Farm? Twice
Universal Studios? 10 or so times
Seen a show at Whisky A GO GO? 50+ times
Troubadour? 10+ times
Roxy? 50+ times
Viper Room? 10+ Times
House Of Blues on Sunset? 10+ times
Went to Beverly Hillbillies home? 10+ times
The last words spoken before a YouTube video is filmed: "Hold my beer, now watch this..."

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:51 am

Ken wrote:First rule.....YOU DO NOT CALL IT CISCO or FRISCO. Nobody..I mean NOBODY calls San Francisco, Frisco or Cisco. You'll get scowls and taxi drivers will dump you off in the Potrero.
Sorry, I was dead tired when I typed that...lol...what do I know....I'm from Amish country....... :? :P

Ken wrote:Been to Alcatraz? No
Walked across Golden Gate Bridge? No
Lombard Street? Once, when I was 18
Bought Crab in Fisherman's Wharf? No
Seen San Francisco Symphony? No
Opera? No
Maritime Museum? Once

500 miles from Los Angeles

Been to Disneyland? at least 20 times
Knotts Berry Farm? Twice
Universal Studios? 10 or so times
Seen a show at Whisky A GO GO? 50+ times
Troubadour? 10+ times
Roxy? 50+ times
Viper Room? 10+ Times
House Of Blues on Sunset? 10+ times
Went to Beverly Hillbillies home? 10+ times
Ok, appears that you like alot of afterdark action? Nothing wrong with that.... lol.......
Disneyland? Isn't that more geared towards kids? I don't have any kids and I'm travelling solo...cause I'm single...lol
I've been to the House of Blues here in Cleveland...nice place...not to say that they are all the same.
Alcatraz I could do without.
I'm not into Opera music....

So Stripper palaces and Disneyland??? Hmm....lol...
Maybe I'll stick to the Yosemite area too .....do a hike tour or something along that line. I'm not a sedentary person.....I need to do things where the five senses are stimulated!.....it ain't happenin' in Cleveland.......lol
Back to doing my homework......lol....

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Mar 16, 2005 9:29 am

[quote=Quadgoddess]So Stripper palaces[/quote]

Oops... :oops: my bad...Whiskey a Go Go is NOT the place I was thinking....one track brain here....lol
I searched them all just now...they look like really cool, fun places...but I'm not into night clubs....I think it's the excessive cigarette smoke in an enclosed area...... it kills me..... :?

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 4:59 pm

Ken's nickname is the Frisco Kid.... He gets a little touchy when someone else tries to rob him of him "Frisco" manhood.... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Mr. Miyagi
Forever On The trail - RIP

Postby Mr. Miyagi » Wed Mar 16, 2005 5:00 pm

BTW - The Castro is like "urban" Deliverance.... lol.
05' Polaris Sportsman 800 EFI, 2.5 warn winch, tool box, front grill, rear bumper, gas pack, Magellan Sportrak Pro GPS and Collett radio.

02' Polaris Sportsman 700, ITP 589 m/s, K&N air filter, Polaris front and rear bumpers.

Ken
Site Admin

Postby Ken » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:29 pm

Quadgoddess wrote:I think it's the excessive cigarette smoke in an enclosed area...... it kills me..... :?

Wrong state. There's no cigarette smoking in any public building in California. And...hardly anyone smokes.

I'm a rocker...so Whisky (doors, Van Halen, etc), Roxy, Troubadour are all icons.

Regards,
Ken Hower
RTF Director

Quadgoddess
Is Totally Obsessed

Postby Quadgoddess » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:43 pm

Ken wrote:Wrong state. There's no cigarette smoking in any public building in California. And...hardly anyone smokes.
I wish it was like that everywhere. Columbus is the only major city around here that is "smoke-free" in buildings.

MrPolaris
ATV Obsession Rider

Postby MrPolaris » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:00 am

Quadgoddess wrote:
Ken wrote:Wrong state. There's no cigarette smoking in any public building in California. And...hardly anyone smokes.
I wish it was like that everywhere. Columbus is the only major city around here that is "smoke-free" in buildings.
New York city just went smoke free a few months ago and it is GREAT. . . I love the no smoking of Calif, it is amazing when I go overseas how someone lights up right next to you and thinks nothing of it. . . maybe that is another reason I hate the Frenchie bastards. . .
Hello

My dogs say hello. . .

Fire Marshall Dusty says, "if you are going to weld your gas tank, make sure it is half full and you have your friend do the welding!!!"